Anti Ajinkya Rahane Brigade

track where he scored runs was flattest track on whole tour i think 2 batsmen scored 200 or near it one was mandeep other mukund and then others too played well (from both teams ) rest of tour every one struggled other then rayadu who was back bone of our side in all formats
He scored runs in OD's too for which you are judging Rayudu and also the other match. And how do you know the track was flat, btw ? He has scored runs in England A tour too. Failed in West Indies along with all others except Pujara in 1st part on low scoring wickets.
Rayudu was terrific in NZ. Scored and helped India win matches on every opportunity. He did not play in the 2nd Test which was a flatta.
depends how u look at it on flat track every one joined the part but on rest of tours rayadu own matches on his own..
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/569307.html http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/569309.html http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/569308.html OD scorecards. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/569306.html http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/569305.html FC scorecards. Not sure how you can say Rayudu was terrific and one matches alone while Mukund was a hack. I mean i am a Rayudu fan too, but C'mon....
He scored runs in OD's too for which you are judging Rayudu and also the other match. And how do you know the track was flat, btw ? He has scored runs in England A tour too. Failed in West Indies along with all others except Pujara in 1st part on low scoring wickets.
england a tour was very easy every one scored runs for fun.. and u know track is hard when both teams are struggling to bat and only one guy has to play well with tail to win u.. mukund in odis he can do ok but i dont like his technique,its just my opinion nothing more.
track where he scored runs was flattest track on whole tour i think 2 batsmen scored 200 or near it one was mandeep other mukund and then others too played well (from both teams ) rest of tour every one struggled other then rayadu who was back bone of our side in all formats
Mukund did get a couple of 40s and a 60 before scoring that century. Didn't do as badly as you guys are claiming.
It wasn't me who brought up Vijay anyway. But now you have accepted Vijay looked a hack then let's move on. And yeah, he didn't do well in West Indies along with almost all other batsman but did decently on England A tour IIRC. And how many FC tour games he played in Aus ? ANd how long were they ? That 1 game is just bullshit criteria to judge anyone. And the Bolded proves nothing and is ubstantiated anyway. Everybody fails somewhere ffs and he has been playing only 1/2 matches here and there for last 2 seasons because of bench warming. As for ODI's as i said different game. His List A record isn't great either. Otherwise select Raina and Yuvraj and be done with it. World Class ODI batsman and everything. :giggle: He will be decent in ODI's too once he settles in tests and the team and still 25 average if you see the series he has played (Which haven't been high scoring) is not the worse in the world. I'd be fine if he gets dropped from the ODI team right now as a opener but he deserves a longer go in tests. Certainly atleast as much as Vijay.
a) I did not say anything about Vijay. b) Rahane has not scored on any opportunity he has got in tour games/Tests in the last one year. He played three knocks in Australia, all in single digits. You may want to turn a blind eye to all his knocks, but the fact remains that he has done very little in any form of international cricket to be rated so highly. No need to bring in Yuvraj and Raina here. Rahane may end up being a lesser batsmen than either of them in Tests.
i did not call him hack.. now 2nd thing its not just scores its moments he scored with see 2nd odi see the strike rates too .. he finished 2 games back to back and won us matches now see first class match.. he was the only guy to score 100 on tough track now 2nd test match was on real flat track ,no one is saying mukund cant score on flat tracks but on tough tracks after experince he had he should have scored more runs.. mukund has great temperament but afte seeing his performance ,technique everywhere including international matches people gave up on him again i did not call him hack i think vvs did..
england a tour was very easy every one scored runs for fun.. and u know track is hard when both teams are struggling to bat and only one guy has to play well with tail to win u.. mukund in odis he can do ok but i dont like his technique,its just my opinion nothing more.
Him and Pujara were the only ones for India A to average above 50 in both ODI's and FC. And we saw how easy England can be a few months after that......
Mukund did get a couple of 40s and a 60 before scoring that century. Didn't do as badly as you guys are claiming.
i did not called him hack or naything! but rayadu was by far best batsman there i dont care about stats.. see the situations.. on tough track he scores a 100 and finished 2 odi games in last over i think!:cantstop: mukund needed to do more on flat tracks he has debut for india... its same with rohit he did score 90 odd in first match in west indies i i think and after that did nothing..werent u disappointed ?
Him and Pujara were the only ones for India A to average above 50 in both ODI's and FC. And we saw how easy England can be a few months after that......
really? i think rahane did well too :\ sorry back then i did not followed cricket this seriously lol can u share links?
i did not called him hack or naything! but rayadu was by far best batsman there i dont care about stats.. see the situations.. on tough track he scores a 100 and finished 2 odi games in last over i think!:cantstop: mukund needed to do more on flat tracks he has debut for india... its same with rohit he did score 90 odd in first match in west indies i i think and after that did nothing..werent u disappointed ?
Mukund is just 22, and is one for the future. The scores I mentioned were not on flat tracks, but on the same tracks where Rayudu took us home.
a) I did not say anything about Vijay. b) Rahane has not scored on any opportunity he has got in tour games/Tests in the last one year. He played three knocks in Australia, all in single digits. You may want to turn a blind eye to all his knocks, but the fact remains that he has done very little in any form of international cricket to be rated so highly. No need to bring in Yuvraj and Raina here. Rahane may end up being a lesser batsmen than either of them in Tests.
Yep, that is true but then he was doing well before it and has been used first as a opener then as a middle order bat. Also he has only played 12 FC games since November 2011 due to bench warming. I am not saying he will be the next Tendulkar but to say he is a hack after 1 game is ludicrous. Deserves a longer rope. Worse batsman have gotten way longer ones.
Mukund is just 22' date=' and is one for the future. The scores I mentioned were not on flat tracks, but on the same tracks where Rayudu took us home.[/quote'] he needs to improve.. while rayadu looks like ready for debut.. in odis he did well even in west indies a tour rahane did well in odis..its much easier but rayadu got credit cos of finishing well 2 games in row :\ now first test (a tour in nz ) was on hard track openers did well but rayadu was the only one to score 100 and got us to good score then shami bowled well and got injured other wise we would have won that match:--D 2nd match was total patta and honestly for selecting purpose i will ignore it... mukund did much better then before but considering past a tour record (in west indies ) a average domestic season and average debut for india he needed to do something big which he did not.. i rate him better then mandeep even now :beee: but i hope u get what im saying..
really? i think rahane did well too : sorry back then i did not followed cricket this seriously lol can u share links?
Rahane did well in FC. Pujara and Mukund did well across both formats. It was easier than Windies but there were decent attacks and weren't roads either. Search India A tour of England 2010 on google. Cricinfo link should come up.
Rahane did well in FC. Pujara and Mukund did well across both formats. It was easier than Windies but there were decent attacks and weren't roads either. Search India A tour of England 2010 on google. Cricinfo link should come up.
im talking about first class cricket.. and i will search thnx for info :agree:
I posted the scorecards above. Rayudu has scored in the same games where Mukund has scored too but you are counting 1 more than the other for some reason. And even in tests see India A's 2nd innings score in 2nd FC match. They were in trouble except Mukund's century in 2nd innings. Also, not sure how you can call the 1st match much harder without seeing it ? Maybe it was but even there Mukund made 2 40's.
he needs to improve.. while rayadu looks like ready for debut.. in odis he did well even in west indies a tour rahane did well in odis..its much easier but rayadu got credit cos of finishing well 2 games in row : now first test (a tour in nz ) was on hard track openers did well but rayadu was the only one to score 100 and got us to good score then shami bowled well and got injured other wise we would have won that match:--D 2nd match was total patta and honestly for selecting purpose i will ignore it... mukund did much better then before but considering past a tour record (in west indies ) a average domestic season and average debut for india he needed to do something big which he did not.. i rate him better then mandeep even now :beee: but i hope u get what im saying..
Rayudu and Mukund are not in direct competition anyway. Mukund has been only given a go so far in a WI series where everyone in top order failed and in England where well...everyone except Dravid failed. Tough to be harsh on him for that when he is so young. Deserves a go at home too. How do you compare him to Vijay, btw ?
I posted the scorecards above. Rayudu has scored in the same games where Mukund has scored too but you are counting 1 more than the other for some reason. And even in tests see India A's 2nd innings score in 2nd FC match. They were in trouble except Mukund's century in 2nd innings. Also, not sure how you can call the 1st match much harder without seeing it ? Maybe it was but even there Mukund made 2 40's.
we did have videos of matches and interviews..pitch was flat in 2nd one just see score card thats enough proof in odis i dont even care about performance but rayadu did win us those matches i think both of them finished in last over thats why i said he did well.. i forgot about half century in odi by mukund sorry about that but about first class matches .. we all followed them and first math was much much tougher then 2nd one.. and over all rayadu was much more consistent or lets say useful and then u cant ignore his recent performances vs mumbai ,australia on tough track he has done well mukund did ok until last first class match in new zealand now add in his dmestic performance,last a tour ,international matches it was jsut not good enough...
Rayudu and Mukund are not in direct competition anyway. Mukund has been only given a go so far in a WI series where everyone in top order failed and in England where well...everyone except Dravid failed. Tough to be harsh on him for that when he is so young. Deserves a go at home too. How do you compare him to Vijay, btw ?
i always thought mukund was better then vijay but this series changed everything .. i honestly have not seen enough of mukund to comment maybe he deserves a go at home too and might do well.. mukund is actually now competing with dhawan...