Do you seriously think India will win the world cup

Rohan495

I feel like the indian selection commitee is doing a hopeless job and switching up the line up a little to much, dropping players like Sehwag Laxman are bad moves. Relying on Karthik whose a wicketkeeper to play in the middle order, giving raina so many chances, and if powar is being used as an all rounder, why not pathan? hes scored runs and taken more wickets than him and his obviously more fit, and if they are gonna pursue with Powar why is Kumble on the team? whats the use of Harbhajan? If India would want to win the world cup I feel like both Sehwag and Laxman must make their way in, sure Sehwag is inconsistent, and Laxman is not the fastest, but they can do wonders with the bat. The question is who would you rather have on your team chasing a 250 plus target Laxman or Raina? Sehwag or Uttapha has Utappha even played out of India yet? I dont understand the Indian selection commitee. I hate the fact that these young players are shining on Indian pitches because its definitely not going to be the same outside of India. Its giving a lot of false hope to India. Laxman: 6 Centuries, 3 outside of India. Raina: no centuries at all -Trust me it makes a difference, and you must be quite insane if you believe Raina should go to the WC instead of Laxman. My 15 1. Sachin Tendulkar 2. Sourav Ganguly 3. VVS Laxman 4. Rahul Dravid 5. Virender Sehwag 6. Yuvraj Singh 7. MS Dhoni 8. Ajit Agarkar 9. Anil Kumble 10. Sreesanth 11. Zaheer Khan 12. Harbhajan Singh 13. Irfan Pathan 14. Dinesh Karthik 15. Munaf Patel A good line up, good blend of experience and raw talent.

Re: Do you seriously think India will win the world cup abey yaar humarein think thunk karne se kya hota hai yaar? no use of creating such topics bhai saab. we cant just decide rite now if we can really win, until we enter super 8 stage and see how India is playing who would have though India would reach final in 03, after we lost to nz badly and then followed by defeat against kua zulu natal, a warm up game before world cup in saf. see mate dont mind but really all thread ends up discussin such stuff..

Re: Do you seriously think India will win the world cup naah.. no chance. i would be happy if we even make it till semi's atleast that way ill be interested in watching last few games. So laxman no laxman or XI laxman india wont be winning this edition. I think it will be a repeat like last time aussies winning without losing a game.

Re: Do you seriously think India will win the world cup

I think it will be a repeat like last time aussies winning without losing a game.
I dont think that will happen again...They might win, but they will have to fight harder this time around. They have tougher competition and Aussies are not as good as they used to be.

Re: Do you seriously think India will win the world cup i guarantee a semi-final berth for india.... u guys are reading too much into the results when we are switching players left and right.... once Yuvi warms up, Viru is back after a slap on the wrist, irfan is back hungrier and with more rhythm, we will cruise into the semis... from thereon, it is literally anyone's game...

Re: Do you seriously think India will win the world cup Whether India wins or not still the World cup is the premier cricket tourney and it will be great fun to follow. If India makes it to semi finals it is great and if not it still won't bother me. I personally do not expect India to do well.

Re: Do you seriously think India will win the world cup Can India win the World Cup ?? hmmm, let's see... The negatives 1. Indians have looked shockingly inept on most surfaces; ranging from fast pitches, to those with an inkling of bounce and lift and even on the kind of decks which are slow. The batsmen only look the business when the pitches are flat as Keira Knightley's chest. 2. A once settled batting lineup is in complete disarray. Confusion over who bats where and what role a particular player has. I am all for tactical switches according to the circumstances in a match, or depending on the surface the match will be played on but the Indians have taken it all too far. The batting lineup looks like it has no shape, no balance and even the likes of Tendulkar and Dravid don't always inspire confidence. The Indian batting lineup has once again become overly reliant on them as other top order batsmen like Raina, Gambhir to a lesser extent - Yuvraj (been poor since the England series) floundered too often. 3. The slog overs. A problem which has hindered the progression of Indian cricket since the birth of Jesus remains prevalent even today. As shown in the aforementioned point; the Indian batting lineup being in the state that it's in, usually never manages to take charge against the opposition during the most crucial stage of an ODI match. If the great Indian batting lineups of yesteryear couldn't get it done, what hope does this lot have. Go back in time as far as you like - CT match vs WI, the matches vs AUS in Malaysia, the 4th ODI in WI - flipping through the history book of Indian cricket will reveal plenty of pages dedicated to India's perennial slog overs chokes. After producing one of it's finest batting performances in the slog overs at Nagpur (they were 225/3 at 40, finished with 338) they once again went back to the norm of choking in the last match at Chepauk (they were 200/3 after 30 overs, finishing with 268 at the end of 50 !!!). The mind boggles. The positives 1. A decent bowling attack which has, for the most part - performed admirably over the last few series. The likes of Agarkar, Munaf, and Sreesanth can be handy in ODI's and look good when the pitch has had something in it. Zaheer is a world class ODI bowler and a handful for any team when fit and firing - as proven by his stellar spells in SA a while ago. In Harbhajan Singh, India has the most economical spinner in the game; one capable of choking opposition batting lineups and foxing the best of them. However, the slog overs problem isn't just restricted to the batsmen, and here it rears it's ugly head once more. India have conceded an average of 6.44 runs per over in 80 innings since the last World Cup. Australia by comparison, only conceded 6.05. The bowlers' inability to bowl restrictive lines when it matters won't do them any favours in a few months time. Regardless of the trend projected by that worrying stat - I'd say the bowlers are India's only hope in this upcoming tournament. The batsmen, unless they are able to get themselves motivated and find a proper combination in time - will continue to disappoint. The problems i have highlighted can't be remedied overnight, and Dravid, Tendulkar and co. are no longer the domineering types they once were. The onus is on Yuvraj and Dhoni to take the responsibility and power India to defendable totals like they did with remarkable consistency in '05/06. The upcoming ODI matches, if anything - will go some way to infuse a hapless group of players with some self belief as a few of them will inevitably get some much-needed runs under their belt. There may still be some time remaining to spark a turnaround, but the current diagnosis makes for a chilling read and chances of a 2nd World Cup win seem all the more bleak.

Re: Do you seriously think India will win the world cup I think the key to finding the right composition if the team, is too filter out non perfomers outside of India. Experience must be looked upon as a major issue meaning that makes way for VVS and Sourav(already sealed a spot). Team Composition Openers: Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Robin Uttapha, Virender Sehwag Middle Order: Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Dinesh Karthik, Yuvraj Singh Wicket Keeper: MS Dhoni All rounder: Irfan Pathan Fast Bowling: Sreesanth, Zaheer Khan, Ajit Agarkar Spinners: Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh Should be booted: Ramesh Powar...no need for him, already got 2 quality spinners, and hes as good as Sreesanth with the bat, so you can not count that ability. Suresh Raina isnt ready for a big event like the world cup needs to play county cricket. Munaf Patel too raw needs to be more consistent and needs to develop more. Kaif, has got enough opportunities doesnt deserve to play. Gambhir hasnt proved enough seems to be a liability at times. I hope selectors go with the lineup mentioned above.

Re: Do you seriously think India will win the world cup My Final 11 1. Sourav Ganguly 2. Sachin Tendulkar 3. VVS Laxman 4. Rahul Dravid 5. Virender Sehwag 6. Yuvraj Singh 7. MS Dhoni 8. Ajit Agarkar 9. Sreesanth 10. Anil Kumble 11. Zaheer Khan Solid Line up, the fab 5(VVS, SRT,RD, Viru, SCG) all reunited, once known as the best batting line up in the world, im sure they have a lot to prove, theyve been successful and they can be succesful once again and bring us the cup. To all you Laxman haters out there, just look at his innings in Lahore that helped india win an important series in Pakistan, he completly anchored the innings, hes an effective player and he just needs to be feel wanted and im sure if selectors give him a chance in the world cup, hell shine after all he is Very Very Special Laxman.

Re: Do you seriously think India will win the world cup Rohan enough with VVS. :wall: He is not making the ODI squad. Pick a team without him. BTW: We will be lucky to make to the semis. I am all geared up for a disappointment. Need to restore SRG-SRT opening partnership to have any chance at all.