Cricinfo out to defame Sachin..

Ram

No not horseshyte. I am a huge tendy fan and even i can admit that Tendy's batting these days is horseshyte and atleast ten other batsmen in the world are CLEARLY better than Sachin today. Sachin needs to either rediscover his old ways or we need to accept that Sachin would average 40-45 in Tests from now on.

but how can u guys even expect Sachin to be same old swashbuckling batsmen all the time ? Why does he have to be the best batsmen in this world all the time ? So if he isnt the best batsmen in the world , then he isnt fit enough to be in the team ? Wonder how many would qualify to play intnl cricket with this criterion.. And after all , he is human too. He has got own share of failings.. You cant expect him to score a 100 off 120 balls everytime he goes to bat.. Bcoz simply , he isnt capabl of that anymore. And yet , the man scores runs , more consistently than most. and credit for that should be given to his hardwork nd genius. Pity Sachin .. Nobody will be satisfied , whatever he does..

Everyone was happy with Tendulkar before but of late his target seems to just score truck load of runs which is not bad. It hurts when he pushes the team's interest to the back burner though. I would give him benefit of doubt and assume he is working at getting his form back.

Why does SRT even plays for India??? He should have played for Bangla....or Kenya or something. At the end of day he is the culprit. I do remember, SRT 48 in 57 blamed for not scoring more runs when some score 14 of 45 balls... And some folks ended up saying that this fellow gave nice support to SRT. That was an ODI .... Guy scores back to back centuries and we are talking about the way he is scoring those runs. Not even seeing that he is getting back to his form. I am sure we will see how he does in Eng...

The cric article hit the nail bang on the head when it states that a ton from Tendlya on this pitch, against this opposition, at this pace, would do a....debutant...proud. It's torture watching him. He blocks and defends the balls which make you scream '4'...

Obviously SRT fans are overreacting. This Cricinfo article is just statistical. Where is the bias in stating that Tendu hobbled to a 100 at 53% SR ? Is that not true ? He came in at 281/0 when the ask is to up the ante & set us up for a quick declaration. If he cannot do that then he shouldnt bat at no. 4. It didnt cost us much this game, but against better opponents (remember the Mohali test vs Pakistan which we drew because of Ganguly & Tendulkar's sloppy batting ?), its bound to cost more. This is where Tendulkar defies the team plans & puts himself ahead of everything else. Ironically, he never forgets to squeak the word "Team" a million times in his post game interviews. As i wrote earlier in my posts, I'll wait till the English tour to judge SRT's form & intent. That will give us a better idea where he stands. He cannot survive for too long poking & proding in English conditions.

India scored 610 runs at an average of almost 4 runs an over ? Whers is the question of even having the need to "up the ante" ? And we should remember that every innings consists of partnerships, and sachin played the role that was asked of him -- the steadying influence as the batsman at the other end attacked. Where is need for sachin to go slam-bang when there there is Dhoni at the other end ? And anyways , his strike rate for the entire innings is 53 , which is not too bad by any standards. I am getting tired of defending Sachin. Its obvious that most of you have made up your mind that he is "slow" , "selfish" etc.. Only time will tell how valuable sachin still is to the Indian team..

Obviously SRT fans are overreacting. This Cricinfo article is just statistical. Where is the bias in stating that Tendu hobbled to a 100 at 53% SR ? Is that not true ? He came in at 281/0 when the ask is to up the ante & set us up for a quick declaration. If he cannot do that then he shouldnt bat at no. 4. It didnt cost us much this game, but against better opponents (remember the Mohali test vs Pakistan which we drew because of Ganguly & Tendulkar's sloppy batting ?), its bound to cost more. This is where Tendulkar defies the team plans & puts himself ahead of everything else. Ironically, he never forgets to squeak the word "Team" a million times in his post game interviews. As i wrote earlier in my posts, I'll wait till the English tour to judge SRT's form & intent. That will give us a better idea where he stands. He cannot survive for too long poking & proding in English conditions.
Bumper , He came at 281/0 ... And India declared at 610. Do you up the ante for the last 330 runs of your innings ? Sachin did what was asked of him -- Hold up one end , while the others attacked around him. India scored 113 runs in the last 20 overs of their innings. There is the "upping the ante" everyone is after. How does it matter who does that ? as long as the team benefits... And, i still maintain that cricinfo's analysis wast mostly crap ! Esp the ones relating to his contribution in different partnerships. How can you even quantify the role of a batsman in a batting partneship with just mere numbers ? I agree that sachin had been painstakingly slow on a couple of occassions in the past. But , NOBODY can question the role he played in this match saying it was slow , selfish and all that nonsense..And if anybody says that , then its more out of personel biases rather than cricketing logic..
Sachin did what was asked of him -- Hold up one end , while the others attacked around him.
How do u know what was asked of him ? This is the standard party line thrown in to cover up such inexplicable batting performances. Am sure u think that the team management asked of him to bat like that in Mohali' 05, SA' 07 as well (to cite a couple of examples). Its fine with me if he has become a limited player who can only play like that in the future. But with such limitations he cannot bat at no. 4 any longer. Lets wait till the English tour. I will judge him then. I honestly dont care what he scored or how he batted vs BD, that much.