PC Repair question

theguyinallblue

i have a very old desktop...which is now gone kaput.. its display is gone..does not boot..although i use its monitor as TV now...but would try to give it a second try.. RAM - SDRAM Processor - Pentium 3 other things.. now i have 4 RAMS...and tried to boot up the PC with each ..FAILED. Power supply is fine.. i have repaired its motherboard 2-3 times..don;t want to send it for another repair work.. any idea...what are the common mistakes in mother board..? and how is it repaired..? :D

i have a very old desktop...which is now gone kaput.. its display is gone..does not boot..although i use its monitor as TV now...but would try to give it a second try.. RAM - SDRAM Processor - Pentium 3 other things.. now i have 4 RAMS...and tried to boot up the PC with each ..FAILED. Power supply is fine.. i have repaired its motherboard 2-3 times..don;t want to send it for another repair work.. any idea...what are the common mistakes in mother board..? and how is it repaired..? :D
Just replace the motherboard. You can get it in ebay if you know the model and make. Repairing motherboard is a waste of time.

TGIB, Either it could be the Display Card or the MB ... see if you can borrow a display card from any of your friends for trial and error ... if it is the display card then thats cheap .... But P-III is like 7-8 year old technology yaar ... :D
Yaar..this is my first computer... i had Celeron then upgraded it to P-III...though i have one laptop..but desktop is desktop.... i can't treat my laptop with contempt..but PC is different.. it has withstand many harsh treatments...many experiments..so want to revive it..if possible..without spending much..although i can get the mother board repaired in 250-300... but they do not tell...what was the fault....or they just bluff.. Just want to see..if i can repair it myself.. and Boss...Display is inbuilt.... i think it is not able to even boot up.. some problem with Motherboard..i am sure..but can't figure out what..

really man instead of replacing the motherboard just go in new PC .. for 20K you can get a dual core 3.0 ghz' date= 1gb RAM, 160 gb hdd, 17 inch LCD and dvd writer, speakers etc.
u mean 2k ?

As a related question, How can i get a dirt-cheap desktop with a decent config ? I just want one to really experiment with all the s/w, format the drives, instal diff OS etc.. Am too circumspect to try out those with my lappie.

As a related question' date=' How can i get a dirt-cheap desktop with a decent config ? I just want one to really experiment with all the s/w, format the drives, instal diff OS etc.. Am too circumspect to try out those with my lappie.[/quote'] Here you go my friend: http://www.nextag.com/Asus-NVidia-MCP61S-Barebone-536429440/prices-html AMD, 4GB RAM and 4GB hard disk space. Play away with this baby!

As a related question' date=' How can i get a dirt-cheap desktop with a decent config ? I just want one to really experiment with all the s/w, format the drives, instal diff OS etc.. Am too circumspect to try out those with my lappie.[/quote'] Use VMware on your laptop... No need to buy anything

Use VMware on your laptop... No need to buy anything
Very good suggestion. I havent used this. But definitely this virtualization is intended to protect u. You can do all you want within a contained environment, and it wont kill your system like it would on a native OS