Highest Bollywood Incomes 2007 - Aaj Tak and Times of India

guju24

And with respect to SRK himself, most the people who hate him do it out of jealousy than anything else. Lets accept it, that guy is smart, he knows what card to play when and is earning the rewards for it. I say, more power to him !

Lets accept it, that guy is smart, he knows what card to play when and is earning the rewards for it. I say, more power to him !
Smart or not, the man is a self-made guy and I have great respects for likes of him(or Akshay Kumar). AB used to be the same(though he did have some help initially thanks to his parents) but last decade has pretty much seen him push his son Abhishek as is the norm in this whole family oriented Bollywood.

god made land, man made boundaries.. and man were the ones who brought the hype of education.. one can't say that an engineer(educated) should be earning more then a duffer person who is good in cricket.. education was hyped by humanz.. it's not that academics field deservez the most $$$$$
Apologies If i came across as someone who glorifies educated people over non-educated people. That wasnt my intent. My whole point was, its so strange to see equally talented people ( albeit their talent is in different fields) earn such disparaging amounts of money just because they happen to be in a different field. The other day, I was talking to one of my friend/colleague and he told me that some Auditors at AIG Insurance make upto $150/hr and he then went on to describe that guy's job profile. I am like " Even i can do that job, surely" However, I would like to add that jobs that add value through intellect must be and shall be given the most respect. One can NEVER under-estimate the power of a great idea or a brilliant innovation. Sometimes, a smart idea can the world !

education was hyped by humanz.. it's not that academics field deservez the most $$$$$
I am surprised you say that Cricketics. Academics NEVER make the most $$$ anyway. Even the Vice Chancellor an Ivy League college will most likely make less than a CEO of a top company, never mind the fact that his college might be churning out CEOs by the dozen.

Smart or not' date=' the man is a self-made guy and I have great respects for likes of him(or Akshay Kumar). AB used to be the same(though he did have some help initially thanks to his parents) but last decade has pretty much seen him push his son Abhishek as is the norm in this whole family oriented Bollywood.[/quote'] Very true. He has literally risen through the ranks and hasnt had the luxury of being propelled into stardom like many others. Abishek, despite his initial films having bombed badly at the Box office, survived simply because of his surname. Would SRK or Akshay have survived such non-performance ? No way... We all need admire and learn from SRK, not envy him.

>However, I would like to add that jobs that add value through intellect must be and shall be given the most respect. One can NEVER under-estimate the power of a great idea or a brilliant innovation. Sometimes, a smart idea can the world ! It all depends on the innovator...for example Edison chose to sell his idea himself instead of selling it to some businessman..it all depends on you...What you expect in life, you get it.. When you say SRK makes a lot, where were you when he was struggling, came from Delhi, did not have place to live/stay...sure there are lot of talented actors, but do they have same tenacity/determination as SRK..who is only superstar coming from small screen..He is self made person.. Same goes with Akshay Kumar..he was cook by profession, but he chose to follow his dream... There is equal opportunity to be Unequal..but question is do you have desire/tenacity/determination/perserverance to get there...

I am surprised you say that Cricketics. Academics NEVER make the most $$$ anyway. Even the Vice Chancellor an Ivy League college will most likely make less than a CEO of a top company' date=' never mind the fact that his college might be churning out CEOs by the dozen.[/quote'] look i am trying to say that the way ppl hyped education and expect better salaries and compare their respective salary with the salary of a sportsman is totally meaningless. those ppl feel they have done good enough to earn more then any sportsperson for ex, a table tennis champ who is nothing in studies doesn't deserves any less then a person who is genious in medicine but nothing in sports

>However, I would like to add that jobs that add value through intellect must be and shall be given the most respect. One can NEVER under-estimate the power of a great idea or a brilliant innovation. Sometimes, a smart idea can the world ! It all depends on the innovator...for example Edison chose to sell his idea himself instead of selling it to some businessman..it all depends on you...What you expect in life, you get it.. When you say SRK makes a lot, where were you when he was struggling, came from Delhi, did not have place to live/stay...sure there are lot of talented actors, but do they have same tenacity/determination as SRK..who is only superstar coming from small screen..He is self made person.. Same goes with Akshay Kumar..he was cook by profession, but he chose to follow his dream... There is equal opportunity to be Unequal..but question is do you have desire/tenacity/determination/perserverance to get there...
My grouse is not why " SRK makes so much money ? " but rather " Why does SRK, the actor, make so much more than than the BEST doctor i know". As i said before, I have nothing but respect for SRK. It took him decades of hard-work and perseverance to get where he has gotten now.

>make so much more than than the BEST doctor i know very simple dude, its called time compounding doctor has 24 hours and he is paid by the hour/surgery etc...whereas SRK can act in one movie/ad but still be paid his entire life..thats nature of his field...he will still make money of OM Shanti OM even in 2010, 2011 etc..but doctor cannot make money of his surgery done in 2006

look i am trying to say that the way ppl hyped education and expect better salaries and compare their respective salary with the salary of a sportsman is totally meaningless.
That is true in a Capitalist society like USA Cricketics but is it true at all from an Indian perspective? Ask yourself this - In the pantheon of Hindu Gods what is the status of Goddess Saraswati compared to Goddess Lakshmi? The former is the Goddess of learning/education and indeed this is one reason why Indians have done well in academics. Do you remember how as a kid you would touch a book accidentally by your feet and immediately touch it to your forehead as a mark of respect? Thats what vidhya is in Indian lexicon. It is NOT related with dollars at all. That said times are changing fast so dont be surprised if today Goddess Lakshmi has fast overtaken Goddess Saraswati in India. xxx

>Do you remember how as a kid you would touch a book accidentally by your feet and immediately touch it to your forehead as a mark of respect? I was even told to respect Lakshmi..by chance if my fee touch one Rs. note I have to touch it to my forehead.

>make so much more than than the BEST doctor i know very simple dude, its called time compounding doctor has 24 hours and he is paid by the hour/surgery etc...whereas SRK can act in one movie/ad but still be paid his entire life..thats nature of his field...he will still make money of OM Shanti OM even in 2010, 2011 etc..but doctor cannot make money of his surgery done in 2006
Excellent point ! It seems as though, the amount of money you make is not dependent on how good you are, but rather, which field you are in.

> It seems as though, the amount of money you make is not dependent on how good you are, but rather, which field you are in. not really...if doctor can invent cancer drug, he will too make money all his life :giggle:... Again you get what you expect from life

> It seems as though, the amount of money you make is not dependent on how good you are, but rather, which field you are in. not really...if doctor can invent cancer drug, he will too make money all his life :giggle:... Again you get what you expect from life
But you see, for a Doctor to earn as much an actor does, he has to do something truly outstanding, like inventing a life-saving drug. How many actors do outstanding things to earn the amount they do ?

> How many actors do outstanding things to earn the amount they do ? so how many actors in bollywood make that much money anyways?? You can count them on fingers..life saving drug was just an example...doctor can start his own hospital, from one hospital he can start a chain worldwide...

> How many actors do outstanding things to earn the amount they do ? so how many actors in bollywood make that much money anyways?? You can count them on fingers..life saving drug was just an example...doctor can start his own hospital, from one hospital he can start a chain worldwide...
Agreed, but how long wil take for a Doctor, or say an Engineer to get to the point where he/she can start his/her own institution, make it profitable and earn in crores ? 5 years ? 10 years ? 20 years ? Conversely, how long will it take for an actor to ramp up his salary to crores ? Just one fit film, that is all. And are they all good actors ? Hell no ! 90% of todays actors are pathetic and couldnt act to save their lives. They are there because, most of the times, their surname was a famous one.

Guest dada_rocks

I wud have bought KAbira's point had actors made money only on classics like (Sholay) as it seems any BS pays but doctors must find the cure for cancer to earn money.. Not fair I say

I wud have bought KAbira's point had actors made money only on classics like (Sholay) as it seems any BS pays but doctors must find the cure for cancer to earn money.. Not fair I say
Precisely. Actors like Kamal are pure genius, they have lifted the cine-field above the levels of mediocrity by their brilliant contributions. But for how many actors can we say similar things ? 95% of movies ( Indian) are downright pathetic and are an insult to our intellect. So are their actors.

it is all economics. the things they produce sell for a lot of $$$$. one can question if movie tickets should be this expensive. since there is a lot of demand and only a fixed number of theatres, i guess supply is taking demand for a ride.

Guest dada_rocks

IN fact SRK doesn't even claim otherwise in early years his words used to be my dream is to get OSCAR pretty soon he found out he is not cut out for it.. So has shifted his dream little now it's all about money.. Recently some role due to dates problme went from sharukh to Aamir khan.. When he was asked what does he think about Aamir doing that role. HE says well he most certainly would give much much better pefromance but I wud have made more money for the same role..:hysterical: