Feelings before and during the last day of Perth test.

fineleg

I am almost certain we will pull this off. Just a casual glance at the numbers will give us a fair indication as to why chasing such a huge target is so difficult. 130 years of test cricket, that included 1000s of matches has seen only 3-4 instances of teams chasing down such a big target, there is no reason to think it will happen again tomorrow. Even if Aus had gone to stumps without any loss of wickets, Ind would have been favorites but now that they have lost both their openers will make their task very hard. In any sizeable chase, you would want one of your top 3 to score a 100, and both of Aus openers are already gone for low scores. As far as tomorrow is concerned, its important we stick to our basics, take our catches, effect the odd run-out, coz chances will come, it is that kind of a pitch. There is always something happening in it. Aus will play hard and aggressive, as they always do, but the Ind must stay focussed and tell themselves they are always just one wicket from getting back into the match. Ponting will be the key wicket, if we can snare him out early, it will knock the stuffing out of the Aussie chase. Of course, guys like Symmonds and Gilchrist will try to attack their way out of the hole, but if we do the small things right, we should home and dry before tea.

Guest HariSampath

Aus has to put together 3 huge stands to win, and that is never going to be possible. India on the other hand just need 2 good balls in the first session to settle the issue. If chasing 400+ was so easy for this Aus team how come 400+ has just been achieved by them only ONCE and that too by Don Bradman's best ever Aussie side , 60 years back ? And dont forget Australia has got the opportunity to chase 400+ about a dozen times last 5 years and have never done it. Odds are realistically 95% on India winning. I am willing to bet $ 40,000 ICF on an Indian win, any takers ?

If this had been any team other than Australia, I would have begun my celebrations now, but at the back of my mind I know the Aussies wont die wondering. I expect them to put up a stiff resistance, even look threatening at times, but I suppose the magnitude of the task is too huge for even them to surmount. The Indians will be desperate for this man's wicket. ponting_14856a.jpg After all the brickbats, all the vilification, expect Ponting to come out all guns blazing. This guy is already a legend, in a few hours time he will have another chance to build his legacy even further.

The 2 guys who are capable of playing long innings are Ponting & Hussey. Not only can they anchor, but can build partnership. So India needs to make sure - they are removed quickly. If these are removed, Symonds & Gilly would play a cameo. But they come in early, we can control them.

Aus has to put together 3 huge stands to win, and that is never going to be possible. India on the other hand just need 2 good balls in the first session to settle the issue. If chasing 400+ was so easy for this Aus team how come 400+ has just been achieved by them only ONCE and that too by Don Bradman's best ever Aussie side , 60 years back ? And dont forget Australia has got the opportunity to chase 400+ about a dozen times last 5 years and have never done it. Odds are realistically 95% on India winning. I am willing to bet $ 40,000 ICF on an Indian win, any takers ?
Hell yeah...we are winning this.no ifs and buts
Guest dada_rocks

First five over 2 wicket falls ponting and pup gone then later in session kumble will come into his own.. Symnods is over-due faillure and no life this time..... we will have to counter hussey and gilly they might score odd 50.......