Sreesanth, Munaf have to prove fitness at NCA: BCCI

kabira

Sreesanth, Munaf have to prove fitness at NCA: BCCI Sreesanth, Munaf have to prove fitness at NCA: BCCI Press Trust Of India Mumbai, January 17, 2008 First Published: 20:55 IST(17/1/2008) Last Updated: 21:09 IST(17/1/2008) Pacer S Sreesanth will have to prove his fitness at the Bangalore-based National Cricket Academy before January 20 team selection for the upcoming triangular ODI series in Australia, BCCI sources said on Thursday. "Sreesanth and Munaf Patel are now at the NCA where their fitness will be assessed before the report is sent to the Board ahead of the selection committee meeting," the sources said. "Both these bowlers have been training at the NCA since January 5, before being released to play for their companies (in the Public Sector tournament in Mumbai). They are back in Bangalore now," they added. Sreesanth has said he's fullly recoverd from his shoulder problem and was available to play for India in next month's triangular ODI series also featuring Sri Lanka and hosts Australia. "I was recovering from my shoulder injury and was fit to play only five days earlier. So there was no question of making myself available for the Test matches in Australia," said Sreesanth here yesterday. The pacer said he was bowling up to his potential and working up a good pace. "I am right up there and bowling really fast. I just have to wait and hope that the selectors pick me for the forthcoming one-dayers," said the bowler. Patel did not play for his team Maharashtra in their last few Ranji Trophy league ties after being sidelined from the Test team. Link