Breaking News: Team Announced For Tri-Series

Prudent

Ganguly,Laxman & Dravid not in the team.... 167a555.jpgTeam MS Dhoni (Captain) Sachin Tendulkar Virendra Sehwag Yuvraj Singh (Vice Captain) Harbhajan Singh Robin Uthappa Gautam Gambhir Irfan Pathan Sreesanth RP Singh Ishant Sharma Rohit Sharma Suresh Raina Dinesh Kartik Piyush Chawla Pravin Kumar

ODIs: Ganguly dropped, Suresh Raina recalled, Dravid not considered India have dropped Sourav Ganguly from their ODI squad for the tri-nation CB Series. There was no recall for the experienced Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman for the tournament which also features Australia and Sri Lanka. Gautam Gambhir, who has cracked three centuries in the Ranji Trophy [two of them match-winning ones in the semi-final and final], has been included as have Suresh Raina, Praveen Kumar and Dinesh Karthik.

I somehow feel, BCCI babus should have waited till the end of 4th test. Laxman, Ganguly and Dravid are in good form and we need them in high spirits in last test. I will care less about ODI results, if we can draw the test series, inspite of being robbed in the second test.

Here we go again. How exactly SCG been a better ODI batsman than SRT recently? Without couple of years in his career, when exactly was he a better ODI batsman than SRT ever, let alone last few months? And even in those couple of great years, it was SCG who reaped the benefits of batting with SRT, not the other way around.

I somehow feel, BCCI babus should have waited till the end of 4th test. Laxman, Ganguly and Dravid are in good form and we need them in high spirits in last test. I will care less about ODI results, if we can draw the test series, inspite of being robbed in the second test.
Exactly, but you're expecting common sense from BCCI.

beetle: Ganguly has not been the best in the last few ODI series. (averages 29 against SA, Eng, Aus, Pak). Tendulkar has been way better. Although the team chosen contains too many players who play well only in the middle order (YS, MSD, RU, RS, DK, SR). So I 'd say one of VVS, SG or RD should have been chosen over SR. And GG has done zilch in ODIs. I hope his performance or lack of it in this ODI series settles the debate once and for all.

Guest HariSampath

Ganguly should have been dropped along with Dravid long back, that makes very good sense. The only thing I cant understand is HOW CAN Murali Karthik been dropped for Chawla !!!!!!!!!!