England - A semi-finalist in 07

gator

Re: England - A semi-finalist in 07 For me, call it a hunch or premonition But AUS/NZ/ENG have been playing competitive ODI's On the other hand, SA won 4-0 v.s us and now playing a tough series v.s Pak We, are basically still enjoying our home conditions v.s our Southern Neighbors Again, all these are guesses; who knew kenya would have made to the final in the last WC In the biggest ODI competition, everyone is on their toes..it can be anyones game on a particular day By contrast, Australians are the only true world champions

Re: England - A semi-finalist in 07

SA/NZ Final Semi SA/ENG , NZ/AUS
I think Aus, NZ, WI and one of India or SA will make it to the semis.
Why do you all think that NZ can make to the last 4?
NZ in more or less many tourneys make it to the semis or finals but fail to go on from there. This unit is a competetive one and has fair bit of experience. There are some big hitters and some slow medium bowlers. The spinners Vettori and Patel aren't bad. There are enough all rounders and batting isn't bad either, they have been raking up near 300 scores against Australia. I personally think NZ will make it to semis.

Re: England - A semi-finalist in 07 Semis would be played by Aus, NZ, SL & SA, with Aussies & Lankans playing the finals. Pommies can wait for their world cup (Ashes) few more years :hic: Conditions in WI will suit the Lankans. SA, NZ are decent & oflate consistent, ODI teams. PS: On the OP, I think Eng batting lineup lacks the confidence to deliver consistently over a period of 6 weeks. At the moment, their confidence is high & hence they may look good, but the moment their fortunes go south, they will fall like a pack of cards. We've seen them too many times, in "uh oh, we've lost 3 quick wickets, lets go into a shell & hope for a 220" mode, to believe otherwise. Their bowling however, is good enuff to defend 270ish totals. PPS: Ind & Pak will blame & possibly fire their coaches & force their captain to step down, citing everything from team selection to lack of bowling coaches to slow pitch conditions, as reasons for their debacle, while conveniently forgetting the incompetence of their batsmen & bowlers in foreign conditions. :hic:

SL are a real danger for WC.
Like f*ck they are ! SL couldn't buy a win outside the subcontinent. They - along with England - are another side which won't get further than the super 8's.
Drawn test/ODI/20-20 series in NZ. Victory in Eng triseries where Pak escaped with a drawn series vs a Eng-B team.

it is useless to predict at this time.. it will different ball game once super 8 rolls on..
I hope that you're correct Veer. And I'll certainly pray for that.
ofcourse,, once veeru fires in one of next two games... some people will change their minds. just like when pak hammered SA for 350 the other day, some were saying pakis are good to go to semi finals.. .. and some people already changed their mind on Aus in last five days.. IMO, ODIs are unpredictable... all eight teams could go to semi finals but after that whoever fights hard and doesnt lose their nerve will win.. from India's pov, i would like to see better fielding side, better batting order and fit guys to have chance to go to finals..