Ganguly- Our Greatest Captain But Humiliated Again.....

prince40

Ganguly- Our Greatest Captain But Humiliated Again.....  

1. 1.

there r amazingly people on this board supporting ganguly's omission- this is the man who with his raw passion turned indian cricket on it's head starting with the 2001 series vs australia, we see the effects of that change in attitude in indian cricket even until now[ the Perth test included] its unbelievable that after chappell's secret agenda against ganguly, and once he made his spectacular comeback since a year now, like no indian cricketer has EVER done, hes once again sidelined in this way without at least being informed personally about his non selection. he deserved that, infact he deserved a lot more, but i believe in karma and i think this present team will suffer in the months to come just like it did under chappell's "glorious" era, and for a sourav fan like me it will be sweet to watch.....

I said it one another thread.... To put things in perspective.... Steve Waugh, the most respected of Aussie Cricketers is dropped and was not given a farewell odi. I dont know what Sachin is doing in the ODI squad.
so two wrongs make one right, or no, its more like the aussies r gods and we MUST follow everything they do irrespective:giggle:
there r amazingly people on this board supporting ganguly's omission- this is the man who with his raw passion turned indian cricket on it's head starting with the 2001 series vs australia' date=' we see the effects of that change in attitude in indian cricket even until now[ the Perth test included'] its unbelievable that after chappell's secret agenda against ganguly, and once he made his spectacular comeback since a year now, like no indian cricketer has EVER done, hes once again sidelined in this way without at least being informed personally about his non selection. he deserved that, infact he deserved a lot more, but i believe in karma and i think this present team will suffer in the months to come just like it did under chappell's "glorious" era, and for a sourav fan like me it will be sweet to watch.....
so you will love to watch the team loose because your fav player got dropped? With fans like you who needs enemies.....
so you will love to watch the team loose because your fav player got dropped? With fans like you who needs enemies.....
its not bout a fav player here mandrake, its bout supporting the right philosphy, and i feel phasing out greats of the game with respect is the bare minimum here

I am not saying it is right... You have to take it on the Chin and move on. Where is the accountbility of World Cup, England Series Loss, Australia Series Loss at home or a Pathetic Pakistan ODI series average..... Its time to move on for Gangs, Dravids, VVS and Sachins and for us fans as well

its not bout a fav player here mandrake' date=' its bout supporting the right philosphy, and i feel phasing out greats of the game with respect is the bare minimum here[/quote'] Why is it that there was no such noise when Kumble stopped getting selected for ODI's?? Ganguly has been a fantastic ODI player for India but he can't go on forever....it was about time.
phasing out never works in Cricket Either you are lucky or unlucky to get replacements.... Australia will suffer ala South Africa for lack of quality spinner in the next coming years.
ur horribly wrong bout that, infact saurav as captain was master of phasing in/out- he was the man who as the likes of srinath and kumble left the ODI scene brought in zaheer, nehra and bhajji to replace em also once azhar and mongia were out he phased in sehwag, yuvraj etc these r the reasons we were a great ODI side in that period leading upto the WC 2003
Why is it that there was no such noise when Kumble stopped getting selected for ODI's?? Ganguly has been a fantastic ODI player for India but he can't go on forever....it was about time.
kumble could have been respectfully left out too- and im not debating if ganguly should go on or not, im talking bout the manner of doing it
Why is it that there was no such noise when Kumble stopped getting selected for ODI's?? Ganguly has been a fantastic ODI player for India but he can't go on forever....it was about time.
But he and Dravid should have been given at least one opportunity to choose, if they'd like their names to be dropped or will they announce it themselves. BCCI can't even do this little bit and that is what is infuriating!!
But he and Dravid should have been given at least one opportunity to choose' date=' if they'd like their names to be dropped or will they announce it themselves. BCCI can't even do this little bit and that is what is infuriating!![/quote'] yea thats just my point

humiliated? my arse dude. Ganguly should stop complaining. Look at Dravid? has he said one word? look at VVS hes been left out for the last 4 years. Ganguly should be happy hes been in for so long seeing that hes a slow runner and a poor fielder. Hes scored massive runs on flat pitches and against a lot of minnow countries but thats never a stat.

so two wrongs make one right' date=' or no, its more like the aussies r gods and we MUST follow everything they do irrespective:giggle:[/quote'] Actually Nawab Pataudi was a great captain too ... we should bring him back too. How about our greatest opener Gavaskar. Maybe we should bring him back too. Gangulians dont understand this but everything has a use by date. Ganguly's was done in 2003