Poll on forum policy

The Outsider

Poll on forum policy  

1. 1.

• Petty insults and any other abuse should be dealt with infractions leading to a ban
    • Petty insults should be discouraged(by edit/delete) but should not lead to a ban

Guys let it go. I am sure you all realize this is a waste of time really. In the end it boils down to being decent to each other. And why spent all this time blaming each other when each one of you can sit down and write something more meaningful?

you didnt have to because the offer is still valid.
Okay, whatever you say. Regarding the offer talk to Varun and Ravi. I don't own the servers.
Feel free to elaborate on that clause its very vague. wont be necessary if you go by the rule book .... but if history is anything to go by I wont be surprised to see you go back to your usual self of defending the undefendable and I will be right here to point that out.
What rule book? It's a judgement to call to be made by the moderators. There isn't a rule book where idiot = 1 point, communazi = 2 points etc. It will be looked into contextually once the post is reported.

on the admin forum.
Seriously BB whats wrong with you? Do you realize your ego is basically hurting evryone else other than you? Whats the whole point of bringing Admin thingy here? I dont know what transpires there but I do have a feeling that the same people you are chastising - Bumper, Shwetabh, Dhondy etc. - have known you for a while and stood by you in that very Admin forum. Specially when things went dicey when you were a MOD. Take a step back, have a cup of coffee and just let it go mate. How is this whole mud-slinging helping anyone, including yourself?

open up the very first thread on the admin forum ... about almost every rule in there has been violated by CC especially the repeat offender clause.
And he has served two bans for it, whenever the votes were sufficient. Instead of respecting the majority there or the majority here you choose to create a drama out of it bringing down the site. It's not always my way or the highway. Anyhow, no point dragging it any further. If you haven't got it till now, you never will which is truly sad.

And the story has continued since the last ban which was many weeks ago and as per that rule book he should have been history long before the last offence.
My last reply here - Whenever the vote is going to get to the majority mark a poster will get a ban as it has happened in the past.

Are you guys making any money from this website. I wonder why you dont have an Advertiser section in this website?
I doubt they are. Making money off a forum is very hard. One way to do this is to have some advertiser section at the bottom of the page and ask users to click. But no user does that really. You cant force them to do so, and if you try they will most likely up and leave. This is the truth about Internet era where people use Yahoo mail simply because its free, the moment they charge you something you move to Hotmail. My experience with forumming has been that the MOD and Admin team face a lot of stress, have to pay out of their own pocket to run the site and frankly dont receive anything in return. The only thing that keeps it going is the passion and affection for the game. xxx

I doubt they are. Making money off a forum is very hard. One way to do this is to have some advertiser section at the bottom of the page and ask users to click. But no user does that really. You cant force them to do so, and if you try they will most likely up and leave. This is the truth about Internet era where people use Yahoo mail simply because its free, the moment they charge you something you move to Hotmail. My experience with forumming has been that the MOD and Admin team face a lot of stress, have to pay out of their own pocket to run the site and frankly dont receive anything in return. The only thing that keeps it going is the passion and affection for the game. xxx
Not really Lurker. You can get cash upfront for the time you post their ad. Click advertising can be used to gauge the interest and provide a report to the advertiser.

I doubt we generate the kind of traffic that people would pay us to advertise here beyond the routine google ads etc.
If have enough hits then there is no reason you shouldnt try Shwetabh. Direct TV, Globecast or others who telecast Cricket matches in various countries could underwrite all of your expense and then you could get some cool google ad revenues. There may be other better opportunities out there. Just something you guys can think about.

it better include Bumps because I am going by his post according to which the poster gets banned when the infractions accrue ....
I dont have much time on my hands today, so will keep it brief. I dont know why we keep revisiting this every day. Its a waste of every body's time. Here's the summary: 1) You wanted petty insults to result in heavy handed moderation (ban, infractions etc) 2) We disagreed & threw it open to the public as a poll 3) The poll had two options: (a) Petty insults dont result in a ban (b) Petty insults result in a ban. NOTE: Petty insults constitute fool, idiot, chump, moron, psec, communazi, retard type insults. 4) The poll results show majority dont consider petty insults a problem (not worthy of a ban) and you agreed to honor the popular opinion. 5) None of us will encourage petty insults, but no poster can complain about inaction against petty insults. 6) There are other types of insults (invoking family, making sexual references, using third rate abuse words) which come under "abuse". 7) If posters are abused, they are expected to report the concerned post to the mods 8) Abuse will be dealt with infractions. Three infractions lead to a ban 9) If abuse involves family members, there are no infractions, it will straight away result in a ban. 10) The length of the ban, depends on the gravity of the abuse and the track record of the poster. PS: I dont know how else to put these points more unambiguously. I thought its clear enough ?

I dont have much time on my hands today, so will keep it brief. I dont know why we keep revisiting this every day. Its a waste of every body's time. Here's the summary: 1) You wanted petty insults to result in heavy handed moderation (ban, infractions etc) 2) We disagreed & threw it open to the public as a poll 3) The poll had two options: (a) Petty insults dont result in a ban (b) Petty insults result in a ban. NOTE: Petty insults constitute fool, idiot, chump, moron, psec, communazi, retard type insults. 4) The poll results show majority dont consider petty insults a problem (not worthy of a ban) and you agreed to honor the popular opinion. 5) None of us will encourage petty insults, but no poster can complain about inaction against petty insults. 6) There are other types of insults (invoking family, making sexual references, using third rate abuse words) which come under "abuse". 7) If posters are abused, they are expected to report the concerned post to the mods 8) Abuse will be dealt with infractions. Three infractions lead to a ban 9) If abuse involves family members, there are no infractions, it will straight away result in a ban. 10) The length of the ban, depends on the gravity of the abuse and the track record of the poster. PS: I dont know how else to put these points more unambiguously. I thought its clear enough.
Great! Nicely written. Any 3 years old will know what is decent and indecent!

Boss bhai, The Mods and Admins are doing a thankless job. Let it go. Just put CC on ignore. ============= Varun, Can you program it such that BB and CC posts are not visible to each other totally :P They hate each other anyways.
what about finey and whiney?