Poll on forum policy

The Outsider

Poll on forum policy  

1. 1.

• Petty insults and any other abuse should be dealt with infractions leading to a ban
    • Petty insults should be discouraged(by edit/delete) but should not lead to a ban

I think if the attitude on the forum is good and enforced, then new posters will keep that in mind and try to emulate the good old posters. If there are no rules, then a forum can be a jungle. Even thieves have rules ala Prison Break:D If the forum seems professional and welcoming, then I think it will be for the betterment of this site. After all, this is not a cursing site, its a cricket site where people should be able to criticize and present their views in a manner. Target the post, not the poster. If the senior members behave well, then the newbies will feel the need to emulate the experienced posters. As for the banning, I think infractions are not a bad idea. They will keep the person in check with reality. I say send the person in for rehab for a day or two. So they can go to their room and think about it:D

Man, are you guys still talking about this? BossBhai you should give this to a rest man. Your opinions and stats in this website are so valuable. You do work hard on making things right on that front. Yes you do have certain opinions and you are entitled to have it. I respect your opinion even though I dont agree to all of it. So lets keep it rolling my friend. CC is a much younger poster. He does read a lot and have got great knowledge on various subjects. I like to see his enthusiasm on responding to each of your and DR's post when many of us dont find time to respond each and every post. Let him carry his thoughts what is wrong with that? So take it easy fellows and let us get back to real fighting while debating; Not each other but on various subjects. Who won the Toss anyways at Aldeaide? :-)

ok, so what's the consensus? can I, to pick a random and completely hypothetical example, say "sandtest is an idiot" or do I have to say, "the opinions that sandtest chooses to voice are idiotic" ?
The latter. Leave the poster out of it. Focus on the posts.

LOL This is how, ladies and gentlemen, you wage war. Sheer overwhelming evidence (such as proving someone to be a Nazi), facts and logic to the fore. So much so that this 'supposedly married and settled' older 'gent' has to go begging and whining and pleading for his adversary's ban to the mods. As someone pointed out, Symonds would be proud of this whinage. Anyways, if the said poster wants me to refrain from any type of abusive word directed at his person, i have no problems with it- i will happily comply. For, i am more than capable of getting my point across, as well as touching the pressure points of the said poster without having to use expletives. Its slightly more laborious to convey in genteel terms that 'you are an idiot/git' but an extra few seconds is what i am willing to expend just to slam the door shut on the whining of this poster.

LOL This is how, ladies and gentlemen, you wage war. Sheer overwhelming evidence (such as proving someone to be a Nazi), facts and logic to the fore. So much so that this 'supposedly married and settled' older 'gent' has to go begging and whining and pleading for his adversary's ban to the mods. As someone pointed out, Symonds would be proud of this whinage. Anyways, if the said poster wants me to refrain from any type of abusive word directed at his person, i have no problems with it- i will happily comply. For, i am more than capable of getting my point across, as well as touching the pressure points of the said poster without having to use expletives. Its slightly more laborious to convey in genteel terms that 'you are an idiot/git' but an extra few seconds is what i am willing to expend just to slam the door shut on the whining of this poster.
Great. This is a good decision CC. Hope this "truce" is now on :two_thumbs_up:

LOL Anyways, if the said poster wants me to refrain from any type of abusive word directed at his person, i have no problems with it- i will happily comply.
Why does someone have to ask you to refrain from abuse for you to comply?

Why does someone have to ask you to refrain from abuse for you to comply?
Because as it has been pointed out numerous times, little itty bitty insults like 'a$$hole/idiot/stupid/etc.' are very commonly used, is largely in practice and used by almost everybody at some point or another.

Guess, the votes are in and the forum policy does not need any major changes to crash down on petty abuses while being more proactive to reduce them. Just wanted to comment on this one bit here :

Again didnt I volunteer to take up that responsibility ? Point is this is just a red herring. You guys dont like religious discussions (but dont mind India bashing/Trolling/Abuse/etc ) but didnt have a reason to push that as we had started out as a "Free speech" board. Fine. So why this hypocrysy with the other stuff ?
When did that happen? Didn't Ravi give the option to anyone to assume ownership of the forum after the hacking attempt and the email we got not once, but twice if religious discussions are to be continued. As far as I know no one stepped up for it. Moreover, as Bumper said we don't know your name, address, telephone number, bank balance anything and you are accusing us of hypocrisy in not allowing religious discussions purely because you say, "I'll take care of it, I have the money to take on the legal stuff etc. ". Doesn't make sense, sorry. BTW, good on you CC to volunteer to continue your debates with BB minus the petty insults. This entire episode has taken out so many hours from our lives that it's not even remotely funny. Hopefully, we can all continue in the right spirit from hereon. Thanks for letting your wishes know to everyone.

I did. And you guys didnt approve ....
Please show me the post/place where this discussion happened.
the only party that would need my personal details would be the hosting company. You guys dont like religious discussions fine ... but dont try and sell me this C&B story of lawyers money etc ... lets move on.
No sir. There are many of us who have put in a lot of time and effort into the web site and we would need assurance from you that you capable of dealing with the legal hassles potentially associated with a religious tirade web site before handing over the reins to you.
Still dont understand the difference between the two options as per Bumpers explanation in this thread they appear to be one and the same more or less ..
Most do, that's good enough for us.

on the admin forum.
Couldn't find anything.
Proff I wasnt born yesterday ... let it go.
Neither were we, so quit trying to take the moral high ground by labeling us as hypocrites when you've got nothing.
it better include Bumps because I am going by his post according to which the poster gets banned when the infractions accrue ....
Hopefully, you have read the "depending on abuse" clause so you don't start these kind of dramas again.