Breaking News: Adam Gilchrist retires

talksport

Undoubtdly, one of the modern day legends and a true ambassador of Australian Cricket in modern times along with S. Waugh, Warne and Lee. Every team now looks for a "Gilchrist" .... Thats his impact on Cricket... World Cup Final innings is my favourite knock when every other Australian Batsmen struggled to score....

Guest HariSampath

Gilly has announced his retirement indeed. This will be his last test and the coming ODI series will be his last. Guess he wanted to go out when he was on top. Well played Gilly, you will be greatly missed for the very high quality of cricket, entertainment and of course for setting a trend of walking in cricket which we hope others in Australia and elsewhere follow. Great career, perhaps the best wicketkeeper batsman to have played test cricket alltime. :hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::wtg::hail::hail::wtg::hail:

Gilly, the truest of legend. What a player he is and will be remember as a legend. For me, he is a crunch player and superior wicket keeper like none-other. We miss you gilly and best of luck in the future. TOP 3 cricketer's of this decade. :hatsoff:

Congratulations on a great career!! It will be fun to watch him bat in the CB series. (But this also presents a great opportunity for the Indian team, imho. I think Gilchrist is going to attack a lot. He is gonna take more risks than usual. Put the spinners on, keep a tight line and length, put the fielders in the right positions and get him out. Of course the first job is to get the 4th and the 5th wicket. It's gonna be a long day for us, hope we get lucky).

Guest HariSampath

Gilly has announced it today as he would possibly be walking out to bat for the last time tomorrow for Australia. Hope Indian team gives him a guard of honor

Saint Gilly is gone. Another legend aussie goes. The greatest keeper/batsman ever. The aussie decline is in full flow now. You lot are gonna hype haddin up, but he is no gilly and no legend. No mcwarne hence no cleaning up tails and now no gilly to counter attack when they are in cr#p. They are coming back to the pack rapidly:yay:

As sad as it is to see the great Gilly go, it really is the right time. When he dropped that catch yesterday, the first thing I said was, "time to go Gilly". I'm a great fan of his, but this is the right thing for him to have done. Haddin is a brilliant replacement and I doubt Gilly will be missed as much as he could be.