Harbhajan Singh? Is it time to let go

3rd Man

There really is no place for someone like Harbhajan who is not willing to listen to advice and who sledges whilst playing terribly. However, I think he is valuable in ODIs and T20. His recent Test form has been appalling though. It is time to drop him from the Test team and squad.

Nope. He is the future of Indian cricket and bowled beautifully at Sydney. He also scores valuable runs with the bat and is a good team spokesman. And don't forget his 32 wickets against the Aussies, albeit almost in the last millennium. How many people have achieved that? He should be the first name in the team sheet, IMO. Sixty five with the ball against the Aussies is a pretty good average. For the SA series, I'd select him, Kumble and Munaf with one slot between Murali Kartick, Romesh Powar and VRV Singh.

He has lost interest in attacking the wickets' date=' he should be dropped from the test team, until he can prove himself....[/quote'] C'mon! Did you see the joy in his eyes when he ran on the field with the tiranga at Perth? He lives and dies for the team. How can you drop him?
Yep...he needs to do a Pathan. He needs to be made hungry for wickets and eager to be in the team. We all know he is a match winner...he needs to rediscover that.
Absolutely! Never drop a match winner. Who knows, he might do it again in 2014. Form is temporary, ass is permanent and all that..
Absolutely! Never drop a match winner. Who knows, he might do it again in 2014. Form is temporary, ass is permanent and all that..
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: well said....:D But, we should have an appropriate replacement for Bhajji as well. Even Kumble will retire is a year or two....what after that?
C'mon! Did you see the joy in his eyes when he ran on the field with the tiranga at Perth? He lives and dies for the team. How can you drop him?
Even I could do that. We don't need flag carriers but wicket takers. Just see where he has bowled: jSzVpwhI7jU A very defensive & wrong line. No body is questioning his love for the nation. It is his ability to convert his love for the nation and team, to performance, that is under question. The only way he is going to learn the lesson is the hard way. Drop him and take him back when he is ready to perform. It worked for Gangully, Pathan and I see no reason why it won't work for Harbhajan.
Nope. He is the future of Indian cricket and bowled beautifully at Sydney. He also scores valuable runs with the bat and is a good team spokesman. And don't forget his 32 wickets against the Aussies, albeit almost in the last millennium. How many people have achieved that? He should be the first name in the team sheet, IMO. Sixty five with the ball against the Aussies is a pretty good average. For the SA series, I'd select him, Kumble and Munaf with one slot between Murali Kartick, Romesh Powar and VRV Singh.
Rubbish! 65 is not a good average against the Aussies, if everyone got that then Australia would score 650! He did take 32 wickets against the Aussies, but he is a different bowler than then - a much worse one. And why on earth would you pick VRV Singh for ther South Africa series when he has been tremendously inconsistent for Punjab.
Yes. So he should be dropped.
Nooooooooo. Noooooooooo....please say you are not serious! How can you even think of dropping him? Think of the class of 2001. Think of the elfs of Kolkata. Think of the speech he made after his latest 63, when he exuded positivity? Are you really, really sure we can survive without this lion hearted cricketer of myriad skills?
Nooooooooo. Noooooooooo....please say you are not serious! How can you even think of dropping him? Think of the class of 2001. Think of the elfs of Kolkata. Think of the speech he made after his latest 63, when he exuded positivity? Are you really, really sure we can survive without this lion hearted cricketer of myriad skills?
Enough of sarcasm. :giggle:

I am in agreement with Doc Dhondy. Look at his past achievements, my countrymen, before you decide to axe him. The talent is still there, the passion is there, it is just the translation into wickets that has eluded him at the test level for the past two years. One day he will shine when the chips are down (like SKA roared today againust Zimbabwe) and all ye unbelievers will run away.