ODI Lineup

arkay

I have always believed that Uthappa relies on talking about being "aggressive" rather than his batting skills. I have got this weird feeling about him failing miserably in this series. I will be more than happy if he proves me wrong.
It's not about being aggressive, he barely has enough technique to survive against good bowlers. He can only get on the front foot and hit through the line, I'm afraid it won't be that easy on OZ pitches and against OZ bowlers. GG is a bit better but not good enough. Hope they prove me wrong :two_thumbs_up:
It's not about being aggressive, he barely has enough technique to survive against good bowlers. He can only get on the front foot and hit through the line, I'm afraid it won't be that easy on OZ pitches and against OZ bowlers. GG is a bit better but not good enough. Hope they prove me wrong :two_thumbs_up:
Uthappa can unsettle players though with the stroll down the crease. At least if he gets a shot in he will make them mad :D It does not take too much to get the Aussies mouthing off does it?
Sachin Sehwag Pathan Uthappa Yuvraj Sharma Dhoni Chawla Sreesanth Munaf Ishant Batting down to Chawla, 5 genuine ODI bowlers with plenty of part-time backup. Aussies and SL are going down.
MSD cannot bat in Aus - so batting down to Rohit Sharma (as per above lineup) and after that tail starts. Munaf Patel? :omg: should not be near the ODI squad. Aus going down? in ODIs? against this Ind team? Nope.

^^ your team has only 10 people

1. Gambhir
  2. Tendulkar
  3. Raina
  4. Sehwag
  5. Dhoni
  6. Uthappa
  7. Pathan
  8. Bhajji
  9. Sreesanth
  10. Ishant

The eleventh player = (Karthik/Sharma) or (Chawla/Munaf) depending on what the team feels. If Yuvi was available, the above qn does not arise. If Dravid/Dada were available, the team wud be much stronger