Ponting,Hyden and Clark Doubtful for 1st ODI

mhr123

Melbourne: With captain Ricky Ponting and opener Matthew Hayden looking doubtful for Sunday's match, Australia added Adam Voges, along with Ashley Noffke, to the squad for the tri-series opener against India. Australian pacer Stuart Clark will also miss the first ODI due to "family reasons" and Noffke will take his place in the squad, Cricket Australia (CA) said in a statement. "It is anticipated Clark will rejoin the squad when it travels to Sydney next week," it said. Voges, on the other hand, will act as a 'cover' batsman should Ponting or Hayden be ruled unfit prior to the match. Ponting is struggling with a stiff back, while Hayden's hamstring injury has created a cloud of doubt over his availability on Sunday.

I still reckon Aussies are favorites in the ODIs. Not for nothing they are 3 times world champions. They are ruthless in ODIs and know how to play the game like none else. The missing players won't have much impact in ODIs for Aussies I reckon. It'd be great to have a SL v India finals. I'm a bit bored of seeing the Aussies dominate in ODIs so thoroughly most of the times.

I still reckon Aussies are favorites in the ODIs. Not for nothing they are 3 times world champions. They are ruthless in ODIs and know how to play the game like none else. The missing players won't have much impact in ODIs for Aussies I reckon. It'd be great to have a SL v India finals. I'm a bit bored of seeing the Aussies dominate in ODIs so thoroughly most of the times.
yes, itd be great. Not happenin' though.