Tips on buying Plasma TV

Desi Cartman

I have seen LG but I would recommend Panasonic. A relative of mine bought 42inch for around 40k 8 months ago. Its not bad at all .
Panasonic? Any specific reason? I bought LG 42" six months back for 45k, it was 100k:1 and HD ready and till now i have no problems with it, my electricity bill too hasnt taken a huge hit. But why is an LCD more costlier than a PLasma, other than power consumption factor?

Generally Plasmas have to have their bulb replaced after a few years of use' date=' and that costs a bomb. Thats why most people go with LCD's because they dont require maintenance.[/quote'] Approx.? Are you speaking from personal experience? What does a few years mean? 6-7? Is there anyone whose plasma has lasted beyond 5-6 years ?

Generally Plasmas have to have their bulb replaced after a few years of use' date=' and that costs a bomb. Thats why most people go with LCD's because they dont require maintenance.[/quote'] Bulb replacement is for LCDs as far as I know. Plasmas lose their oomph because the inert gases in them - not sure what they use, Argon/Xenon - naturally diffuse out over the years leading to a duller picture. I think Plasmas just have to be junked as you cannot really replinish these gases - at least not in any practical way.