Is Kaneria being discriminated against?

Guest dada_rocks

:hysterical:

BCCI must threaten the PCB of monetary penalty if Kaneria's contract status is not restored. Danish is part of India's biggest hopes' date=' in the upcoming Ind-Pak battles, we dont want to see Danish leave or replaced at any cost.[/quote']:hysterical:

MP, I have seen that Waqar and Altaf interview so many times. Waqar was literally bellowing fire in that interview, because of how they summarily asked him not to travel to S.A even though he was bowling coach, how Aaqib Javed was appointed chief bowling coach of the academy and finally how Naseem Ashraf said to Waqar " Why do you want to resign tomorrow, why dont you do it now ?" Not just Waqar, Zaheer Abbas was dismissed from being team manager after just a few series. After all this, which former pakistani player will be motivated to help is country ? As Kaneria is saying, he gets more respect playing for his county, rather than his country. I sense Pakistan is on the verge of losing a decent spinner. If PCB keeps insulting Kaneria, he may be tempted to retire and take up county cricket full time or a lucrative ICL contract. Times have changed,the options for the players have grown. Its not like its either national team or nothing. PCB should keep that in mind.

I sense Pakistan is on the verge of losing a decent spinner. If PCB keeps insulting Kaneria, he may be tempted to retire and take up county cricket full time or a lucrative ICL contract. Times have changed,the options for the players have grown. Its not like its either national team or nothing. PCB should keep that in mind.
he complains a bit too much for my liking. In the last 20 test matches he has only picked 1 5 wicket haul and that too after going for 181 runs and overall he has gone for more than 40 runs/ wicket. Kaneria should consider himself lucky that he has played for this long just because of his talent.

In his case, his demons have taken over. If you've seen Kaneria over the years, he has turned into the Giles kind of bowler. Only when he gets enough support at the other end, does he flight the ball, else he's turned into a on-the-leg-with-flat-deliveries kind of a bowler. His stats really show his average has dipped. His average till 2005 was a decent 30, which dipped to 40 for the remaining two years; he had 11 5-fers in 31 innings until then and since then has just one in 20 matches. Crux? He either reinvents himself as a bowler or drops out into oblivion.

:haha:..no wonder DSR and Sidhu are so upset.
then can you please answer the questions I posted... how come Asif and Gul who has played so little over the past 2 years gets an A contract and B contract respectively... I agree his form has not been that great lately... but Grade C contract..
he complains a bit too much for my liking. In the last 20 test matches he has only picked 1 5 wicket haul and that too after going for 181 runs and overall he has gone for more than 40 runs/ wicket. Kaneria should consider himself lucky that he has played for this long just because of his talent.
Yes, I agree. Kaneria should consider himself lucky that he still finds a place in the team.
Guest dada_rocks

Problem is they want Kaneria to do everything contain batsmen share the bolwing load for one dysfunctional son of pakistan cricket and take wickets to boot.. it doesn't work like that..

then can you please answer the questions I posted... how come Asif and Gul who has played so little over the past 2 years gets an A contract and B contract respectively... I agree his form has not been that great lately... but Grade C contract..
Agree Asif is lucky to get an A contract but Kaneria is lucky to even be in the side when this other guy has picked over 450 wickets in last 5 years. He has no right to complain. He is probably the most talented spinner in the world after Murali(who is more of a freak than a talent) but the results have been very poor.

Kaneria was recently demoted to category C in the central contracts and despite his 51 Test appearances bracketed along with junior players like Fawad Alam who has played just four One-Day Internationals. That pretty much sums up the situation. From a cricketing pov, Kaneria would deserve atleast a B grade contract. And if he may miss the class A contract that would be because his form has dipped a bit recently

Waqar Younis was furious as well. Search Salim Altaf and Waqar Younis on youtube. As far as Kaneria is concerned i don't think he deserves a place in the ODI side. His ODI bowling isn't much better than that of Afridi and Afridi is light years ahead of him as a fielder and as a batsman. Even in test matches lately his efficiency has been very poor and has leaked 100s of runs/innings yet even with the terrible recent record he has constantly been given chances ahead of the likes of A Rehman who picked 11 wickets in his 1st 2 tests and Mushy who has been destroying county teams for the last 5 or 6 years.
So you agree with giving him a grade C contract?