And now Symonds Cheats by Grounding a Catch[clip added]

talksport

So why is this not a big issue in the aussie media .....afterall it does look like blatent cheating?It does look like at least the aussie media is condoning it .
no, sorry it doesnt. my opinion is that as he was diving, he got his fingers under it and his hand hit the ground with the ball in it. i dont think he put the ball on the ground to prevent it from popping out. he had dived off the ground of course his hand is going to hit the turf. he took his hand off the ground very quickly and from what i can see, he had fingers under it. thats just my opinion from what i saw. whether you may think i am biased or not i couldnt care less. and by no means am i saying im certain of it. i dont think any of us can say with 100% certaintity that the ball bounced infront of him from the camera angle shown. the bottom line is the umpire gave him out. only andrew symonds knows whether he caught it cleanly, and we can only speculate. if you have an issue about it, it should be with the umpires. if it was referred.. he might have got the benefit of the doubt. how is it possible for any of us to be so certain given the footage ? you see it all the time in the slips around the world, slippers coming forward to take a catch, and then get up and say im not sure it carried. what if symonds is certain it carried ? this is such a weak opportunity to get one back on symonds. as i said, it should be the umpires issue. the reason why its not a media beat up down here, and from what i can gather, anywhere else in the world but india is because its a non issue. a lot of people thought he caught it. even cricinfo.com wouldnt buy into it..
Chamara Silva went to a big stroke and an Andrew Symonds catch that was the best of the season or another contentious one depending on your geography
why ? whats the point ? its done and dusted, and if any issue was to come of it, it should be with the 2 umpires. the australian media, and australian fans will side with the australian player if it is a line-ball decision. symonds is well respected down here, although im sure you're probably wondering why. same could be said about harbhajan if roles were reversed. the same thing would happen in india if it were an indian player. after reading a few of your editorials, one could draw the conclusion that your media carries a heavy bias towards the indian team. its not us condoning cheating or anything like that. most people down here thought he caught it. most people in india thought it bounced. thats always going to happen. but whinging and whining about umpiring decisions isnt going to change anything. so whats the point of arguing something that is just going to go around in circles ? we arent going to convince anyone our opinions are more valid.. its completely pointless. why havent sri lanka complained ? why are indian supporters angry at it ? india and andrew symonds obviously have a colourful history.. or do you see yourselves as the team that stands up against doubtful decisions/player misbehaviour/unsportsman like conduct ? every team has got the benefit of the doubt when it comes to doubtful decisions, yet indian supporters are the only ones who carry on like this. its been an eventful summer and all you can continuously do is constantly bring up the same old argument that gets absolutely nowhere in the end. just step back and think about why it appears only india is reacting to this incident in this manner and if you are going to take this stance on events like this, you better hope it doesnt come back to bite you later. get on the umpires case about it. who knows he may have actually caught it. how anyone can be 100% sure that they are right is pretty far fetched considering the footage. theres a close one day tournament being played, good cricket.. its been a long summer.. dont you think its time to stop all this and enjoy it ?
Speaking of shame' date=' apparently you OZs are missing it completely, is it genetic, do you even know the meaning of that word, or both?[/quote'] Have some respect you fool. The way that you and a lot of the others behave on here is shameful. It is entirely possible to make your point without getting personal and attacking a race/country.

Christ, apparently nuking half the rubbish in this thread didn't get the message through. Last time, and this goes to everyone - keep it away from the personal insults (whether we're talking ancestry, intelligence or otherwise) and debate the topic - I can't be arsed to keep pruning the insults/trolls in this thread, so if this keeps up it'll just be easier to lock the discussion.

Have some respect you fool. The way that you and a lot of the others behave on here is shameful. It is entirely possible to make your point without getting personal and attacking a race/country.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: It's better to fix yourself first than preaching. But I suppose that's too much to ask from you morons.