And now Symonds Cheats by Grounding a Catch[clip added]

talksport

That was blatant. I just mentioned this in the match thread. What the heck were the umpires doing? Geez... there may have been any number of stuff ups the Aussie fielders continue to claim catches they have grassed and the umpires take their word for granted all the time. I don't expect Channel 9 to show many replays. BTW guess who's umpiring today? The Aussie commentators continue to praise the non catch and don't make a mention of the ball grassed at all. Am I the only one that can see the ball was grassed?

Guest HariSampath

It was clearly grassed and NO way Symonds could not have known it, this is a clearcut case of deliberately claiming a NON catch...ugghh disgusting...I hope SL win this one somehow !

Ridiculous suggestion by Mark Taylor. Tony Grieg questioned the catch and Taylor said he had the fingers wrapped around the ball. Don't tell me Symonds has has fingers as long as 20 odd inches to wrap the fingers around the ball. Either the commentators are blind or they are defending knowing it will snow ball. This effort was no different from Ponting claiming the catch in Perth. The ones that stupid now is not the umpires, the catcher, the batsman but the commentators. It's a disgrace these commies.

Got to love this. Some people's lives are so pathetic and bitter they spend all their time searching frantically for an Australian mistake. Even despite the fact that close up replays clearly showed two fingers under the ball. Forget the whinging poms, its the crying Indians!

I haven't seen it yet but tell me' date=' could Symonds have known himself whether it was grassed or not when he took the catch?[/quote'] Absolutely mate. When you caught the ball with palm facing down it's quite obvious the ball's hitting the ground. The commentators are suggesting the little finger and the 4th finger was wrapped around the ball that stopped the ball from hitting the ground. Imagine this one goes into classic catches bucket :hysterical:
Got to love this. Some people's lives are so pathetic and bitter they spend all their time searching frantically for an Australian mistake. Even despite the fact that close up replays clearly showed two fingers under the ball. Forget the whinging poms, its the crying Indians!
Got a clip?