During the match thoughts:Advantage India & Review

Feed

During the match thoughts:Advantage India & Review  

1. 1.

• Gambhir's pathetic shot
    • UV's ego shot when India needed less than 6 an over
    • Dhoni's run out (3's a crowd , isn't it )
    • Uthappa's loss of patience

Gambhirz shot wasn't pathetic.. as described.. Yuviz shot wasn't in ego Uthappa was playing with tailenders.. we were favorites to lose from their... Dhoni's run made the final difference and got hope in Aussie camp
what else was UV's shot. India needed less than 6 an over and with no REAL batsmen left to bat. Can someone explain why did he play that shot especially when they were getting easy singles

Voted for all of the above. - Gambhir's shot was pathetic. Every time he hovers in 30's he plays a rash shot, to end his promising start. - I wouldn't call UV's shot a 'egoistic' shot, but it was yet another pathetic shot - Dhoni's run-out was caused because Dhoni's was doing all the communication, rather than Rohit and Robin. - Robin's loss of patience, I just don't want to talk about this guy. He is in the playing XI, because he is young, thats the only reason I can think off.

. - Robin's loss of patience, I just don't want to talk about this guy. He is in the playing XI, because he is young, thats the only reason I can think off.
eggjacktly. Where is the technique!? Hullo!??? Plonk the front foot like a Maharaja and try to whack the ball through or across the line alone is NOT batting technique There are subtleties, backfoot play, adaptability to conditions and situations...
did u term Tendulkarz dismissal against newzeland during 2003 world cup super six game also as "EGO" WHEN HE was hitting fourz
I dont remember that game yaar but I cant forget UV's shot. Its ok to hit a bad ball for boundry but to hit a ball when they were 5 down and were getting easy single is beyond me. I am over reacting and I know it but I am so pissssed off :devil_smile::devil_smile::devil_smile:
eggjacktly. Where is the technique!? Hullo!??? Plonk the front foot like a Maharaja and try to whack the ball through or across the line alone is NOT batting technique There are subtleties, backfoot play, adaptability to conditions and situations...
yep and I heard Harsha on the radio saying that Uthappa hasnt scored many runs in domestic off late either !
I dont remember that game yaar but I cant forget UV's shot. Its ok to hit a bad ball for boundry but to hit a ball when they were 5 down and were getting easy single is beyond me. I am over reacting and I know it but I am so pissssed off :devil_smile::devil_smile::devil_smile:
it sucks that u don't remember.. because if u knew about that game.. then u won't have called Yuviz shot a pathetic ego one.. anywayz its all good that u agreed that ur frustrated by the defeat:two_thumbs_up:.. and in that frustration u r saying such stuff mate.. its realty.. really.. which is understandable
WHY U want to talk about techniuq alwayz? technique doesn't matter everytime in odi cricket... and btw.. i m not a big fan of uthappa.. but at same time not any critic of him either.. he has just played one bloody inngz in this seriez.. give him some time..
Ticz, I am very frustrated with our defeat while chasing 200 as well. HOWEVER, the RU comment is not based on that frustration alone. RU comment is based on having seen him play other ODIs before, not just this series. With his (lack of) technique he cannot play well in Eng, Aus, SA, NZ conditions. He will be alright for Flat Tracks of subcontinent. (that too not in slow and low SL tracks)
it sucks that u don't remember.. because if u knew about that game.. then u won't have called Yuviz shot a pathetic ego one.. anywayz its all good that u agreed that ur frustrated by the defeat:two_thumbs_up:.. and in that frustration u r saying such stuff mate.. its realty.. really.. which is understandable
I still believe that it was an unnecessary shot which he played for his ego (My opinion) but I am over reacting by not being able to let it go.:nervous:
WHY U want to talk about techniuq alwayz? technique doesn't matter everytime in odi cricket... and btw.. i m not a big fan of uthappa.. but at same time not any critic of him either.. he has just played one bloody inngz in this seriez.. give him some time..
Robin didn't perform in the ODI series vs Pak and Aus in India. Heck, he couldn't even perform against Indian bowlers on dead pitches in ranji. Need more reasons to replace him ? If oldies' are kicked out of the team with a theme of "retire or perform", why are youngsters an exception ? In last 22 matches (i.e. in last 12 months) Robin's average has been staggering 25.
Robin didn't perform in the ODI series vs Pak and Aus in India. Heck, he couldn't even perform against Indian bowlers on dead pitches in ranji. Need more reasons to replace him ? If oldies' are kicked out of the team with a theme of "retire or perform", why are youngsters an exception ? In last 22 matches (i.e. in last 12 months) Robin's average has been staggering 25.
Ticz, I am very frustrated with our defeat while chasing 200 as well. HOWEVER, the RU comment is not based on that frustration alone. RU comment is based on having seen him play other ODIs before, not just this series. With his (lack of) technique he cannot play well in Eng, Aus, SA, NZ conditions. He will be alright for Flat Tracks of subcontinent. (that too not in slow and low SL tracks)
again, one bad series against pak.. u can't drop him for that... he showed promise by winning the 6th odi agianst england in the end.. if he failz here in aus again then u can or may say somethign about his exclusion.. but to drop him rite away after one bad game here in Aus is ridiculous. also blue brigade, don't give me crap ranji statz.. they don't matter to me.. they are 4 day game statz.. u got same statz about sehwag.. and then had to run away l8r
again' date=' [b']one bad series against pak.. u can't drop him for that... he showed promise by winning the 6th odi agianst england in the end.. if he failz here in aus again then u can or may say somethign about his exclusion.. but to drop him rite away after one bad game here in Aus is ridiculous. also blue brigade, don't give me crap ranji statz.. they don't matter to me.. they are 4 day game statz.. u got same statz about sehwag.. and then had to run away l8r
Read my post carefully. Robin got a chance for 1 yr and yet he failed. You cannot pick your team on a hope by thinking "if Mr. x can perform then Mr. y can too". Thats just wrong
I thought Sehwag was injured .. Why do you guys think that Dhoni played Uthappa ' date=' UV , GG etc ahead of Sehwag ?[/quote'] Sehwag told dhoni that he was desperate to play in the last ODI (Dhoni mentioned this during the toss). But Dhoni felt the urge of playing 5 bowlers, as Aus would prey on part-timer.
here blue brigade.. don't blindly say that uthappa failed agianst australia. http://content-www.cricinfo.com/indvaus/engine/series/297424.html chk scorecardz.. along with that.. he was given out wrongly couple of timez in that seriez..
why should that be taken into consideration when picking a batsmen ? bad decisions are part and parcel of the game. What exactly is the point of carrying Raina, tiwary and pankaj kumar if we are not to kick out non-performers in the series. Pretty stupid isn't it.