Masterclass for Fat Ashwin, by Moeen Bhai...

asterix

Just now, asterix said:

^ you are wrong. IMO he’s over intelligent and that’s why he can’t bowl since. He can’t control his urge to complicate his bowling...

True intelligence is understanding what works. 

He over thinks and overdoes.

So ppl should stop calling him intelligent. 

An intelligent guy wouldn't play that shot against Moeen. 

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

The problem with Ashwin is he just cant put a spree of deliveries at one spot and it becomes very difficult to make plan and set the field according to that.  He does not keep things simple. One more thing, i never see him using the crease well.  he can easily go wider against right handers to land the ball in the rough and when he tries to land the ball in the rough, he either bowls half vollyes and half trackers because he does not go wide of the crease, dont use the angle.  I dont understand why he has not worked on that. You cant be consistently successful in SENA if you dont use that rough.

Exactly. Consistency.This was the problem with the old Ashwin of 2012-13 when he had that horrid Englad tour at home. No revs and trying too much. And short ball every over. 

But something changed after the 2015 Australian tour and world cup. Somebody kicked his ass and told him to be consistent ( probably Kumble) He had a super time after that. Started with Bangladesh tour   . 6 balls in same area no short balls no OP.. beautiful to watch. 

Sadly after kumble he has gone back to experiments. Undercut topspin carrom legspin. 

8 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

I believe he is more skilled than both of them.

He is not honest with himself about his bowling. 

You may still see wickets from him next session. It ain't over yet. 

I disagree. Kumble was the best spinner ever in  history of the game.

All this experimentation is utter nonsense. Someone needs to drill in his head that fundamentals are more important.

Edited by Khota