Worry about yourselves India, Sri Lanka told

Feed

Australian coach Tim Nielsen has told the touring Indians and Sri Lankans to worry about their own form instead of concerning themselves with the home side's performances. More... February 18 2008 at 12:26PM Australian coach Tim Nielsen told the touring Indians and Sri Lankans on Monday to worry about their own form instead of concerning themselves with the home side's performances. Nielsen was responding to claims from both that the Australians were struggling, despite being the clear leader on the tri-series ladder. Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardene once again said on Monday that he believed cracks were appearing in Australia's game, while Indian opener Virender Sehwag claimed twice in recent weeks the home side was running scared of his team. "At the moment I'm quite interested to hear how much the opposition are talking about us, to be honest," Nielsen said. "I hear Jayawardene say the other day we're falling off the perch... and India are commenting on the fact Brett Lee's not playing - I quite like that they're concerned about us and not worrying about themselves. "We've got enough issues going on with our own game that I'm not really too worried with how they're going. While Nielsen admitted that his batsmen were not on top form, he said the bowling in the series from all three teams had been top-notch. "You've got four or five guys in this series bowling 140-145 kilometres (87-90 miles) per hour plus, the new ball's swinging away, the old ball's reversing in - it's not an easy life for a batsman," Nielsen said. "Our challenge is to make sure we identify that, come to terms with what they're delivering to us, and find ways of coping. "It's certainly not panic stations." -

Well said indeed. Jayawardene can claim Australia's slipping all he wants, but he's the one who has to deal with the issue of one and a half reliable bats in the SL top order. And for all India's bravado and aggression, it'd be nice if the youth brigade's batsmen made runs soon. One 250+ score so far?

Well said indeed. Jayawardene can claim Australia's slipping all he wants, but he's the one who has to deal with the issue of one and a half reliable bats in the SL top order. And for all India's bravado and aggression, it'd be nice if the youth brigade's batsmen made runs soon. One 250+ score so far?
:eyedance: