Preview: Ind vs Aus 10th ODI :What would be your side for the next match?

bharat297

our opening pair is the most crucial to our innings sehwag sachin uthappa/suresh/gambhir (robin was unlucky 2day, ishara came in his way, but even raina is worth a try, gambhir can also be considered) rohit yuvraj dhoni pathan chawla bhajji (batting line-up xtends till him. 9 i.e.) ishant munaf\sreesanth (whichever dhoni chooses perhaps will be accepted)

our opening pair is the most crucial to our innings sehwag sachin uthappa/suresh/gambhir (robin was unlucky 2day, ishara came in his way, but even raina is worth a try, gambhir can also be considered) rohit yuvraj dhoni pathan chawla bhajji (batting line-up xtends till him. 9 i.e.) ishant munafsreesanth (whichever dhoni chooses perhaps will be accepted)
What has sehwag done as an opening batsman in ODIs that adds value to opening pair???

Is MSD gonna prefer Munaf Patel over SS for the next ODI/remaining ODIs?

Dhoni, however, said he preferred Munaf Patel as he bowls to the field and it makes his job easier. "He does not think too much. You set him a field and he will bowl to that. With somebody, like Sreesanth in the side, it is difficult. So I thought of giving Munaf a chance. I am happy with the way he bowled today,"

Agreed Sehwag is not as consistent as Ganguly or Tendulkar but when I was thinking of who Australia would most not want to play against Sehwag comes to mind. Sehwag is still a dangerous ODI opener because he can make use of those powerplays. His average is a tick under Sanath's, but Sehwag has a higher SR of almost 97. More importantly though ... Sehwag is a big match player and has played some good innings under pressure before. Id definitely want Sehwag in my side.

Play uthappa as the keeper and rest Dhoni. Dhoni looks terribly tired and if he continues to play with minor injuries I am worried that he might make it lot worse. This will get Sehwag in the side as well. Hoon na main quality selector ?
Why not play Karthik and rest Dhoni ... but ... if we rest Dhoni then who will captain. I don't think captaincy will be the best thing for Yuvi atm, as he needs to concentrate on his individual form. I am thinking maybe Sehwag as captain.
only 2 pacemen could be a big risk going into an ODI. granted it is at the SCG' date=' but this is not Mumbai here, its still Australia.[/quote'] a team should play on its strengths. we went with 2 pacemen in the melbourne & sydney tests. maybe after looking at the pitch, the final decision on chawla/sreesanth can be made on the day of the match

Replace Uthappa with Sehwag. Uthappa's strength is lower down the order. At the top of the order he is a sitting duck and a walking wicket, Sehwag is a much better option if only for the psychological effect he has on the Australians. Also, bring in Raina for P Kumar. P Kumar's bowling looked pedestrian and as a batsman he is another Afridi. Firstly, 4 bowlers should be enough with so many part time options, but even if the idea was to play 5 bowlers there is no way Kumar should be preferred over Sreesanth.