Are we ruining the classic Fast bowling skillz of Ishant Sharma?

fineleg

^^ Thats the problem. In 2020, you can get belted if you bowl like that sometimes, and you will be forced to change.
No but Ishant Sharma (if he can develop one) will be the best yorker bowler in our team as it is delivered from nearly 8 and a half feet in the air, so it will be a difficult angle. Plus he is developing a good bouncer. Basically the more cricket he plays now (not to the extent that he risks injury), the better he will be I feel, because his pace is picking up with every match.
I dont even want him to play ODIz for now...just focus on Tests. But he is being made to do reverse...play number of ODIs and 2020s. Classic Test match fast bowling takes time to develop, if he has got those ingredientz then let him focus on that. Hodge podge of ODIs and 2020 and IPL cra.p will ruin those skills and Line/Length and all that will become more important than speed, persistence, etc. I dont like how we are "grooming I.S."
quite agree with you

I dont know why this topic is Ishant centric alone. Leave alone Ishant, ANY fast bowler needs time between matches to regenerate his fitness and energy. Fast bowling is a tough art to ply, quite unlike other aspects of cricket. You really have to push yourself to the limit, EVERY ball. The stress on the body is extreme, especially the ankle, lower back and shoulder is EXTREME. Therefore, every fast bowler needs to be preserved. Zaheer is a shining example of how India have missed a terribly good bowler due to injuries. And now, with India being lucky enough to be blessed with core group of quicks, the best thing to do is to rotate them. Of course, the main problem with rotation is, the players themselves are quite hesitant to rotated from the side , coz they know if that if their replacement do well, they will probably lose their spot. So, most players either play as much as they can, or sometimes, even hide injuries and little niggles to keep their place in the team. Zaheer, inspite of being the single outstanding bowler two test series ago, will find it hard to break into the eleven, coz of the performance of RPS and Ishant. Central contracts was one way to allay these fears and compensate for the financial impact of being dropped due to rotation, but FCK, who cares now ! Guys like Ishant, RPS and Irfan are rich by nearly a million dollars each, while their central contracts paid them around $1,00,000. IPL just changed the face of cricket. Premature retirements, second string sides etc will soon be the order of the day.

IPL just changed the face of cricket. Premature retirements, second string sides etc will soon be the order of the day.
Frankly, IPL is a disservice to the cricket at large, more than it is a service. Sure, it will give more $$$ to some already bloated cricketers, but it is a disservice to cricket.
Frankly, IPL is a disservice to the cricket at large, more than it is a service. Sure, it will give more $$$ to some already bloated cricketers, but it is a disservice to cricket.
Call it " Disservice to cricket, as we know it". The type/kind of cricket that we have seen till now, is what we know. It all just changed. Be ready to accept the change. Its like saying the discovery of electric train is a great disservice to the steam engine. Of course , the analogy may not exactly hold, but I think we all get the point. The face of cricket is changing, and fast.
I dont even want him to play ODIz for now...just focus on Tests. But he is being made to do reverse...play number of ODIs and 2020s. Classic Test match fast bowling takes time to develop, if he has got those ingredientz then let him focus on that. Hodge podge of ODIs and 2020 and IPL cra.p will ruin those skills and Line/Length and all that will become more important than speed, persistence, etc. I dont like how we are "grooming I.S."
Not sure if we're ruining I.S. .. but I do know that one thing you're definitely ruining is my English skillz.