Are we ruining the classic Fast bowling skillz of Ishant Sharma?

fineleg

I dont even want him to play ODIz for now...just focus on Tests. But he is being made to do reverse...play number of ODIs and 2020s. Classic Test match fast bowling takes time to develop, if he has got those ingredientz then let him focus on that. Hodge podge of ODIs and 2020 and IPL cra.p will ruin those skills and Line/Length and all that will become more important than speed, persistence, etc. I dont like how we are "grooming I.S."

itz fine to play him regularly during the absense of our key bowlerz Zaheer and Rp.. once they are fully fit then we can rotate Ishant.. as of now.. let him play every damn game.. specially the more he play in Aus,t he better it is..
exactly, this occasion is very much suitable for making a bench strength of pacers and implement rotation to avoid burn outs, just like Australians.

Bring back Balaji to rest I Sharam :giggle: On a serious note , India doesnt have a bowler who can replace I Sharma for the current ODI series but it should be different once RP returns. If India is able to beat aussies on Sun then Im sure few of the Indians will be rested including Dhoni, I Sharma and UV (:hysterical:)

No I think for a young bowler like Sharma ... this is the best way for him to develop his pace and fitness , by bowling as much as possible when he is young (obviously not too much). People have compared him with Pathan, but what stuffed up Pathan was that Greg Chappell decided to drop many seniors and base both the batting and bowling around Pathan (who was only 20 at the time). It will benefit Sharma to bowl more.

Many here have talked about "rotation"...Thats good, but thats not what i'm talking here. I'm not talking abt rest or rotation - thats a necessary but separate issue. I'm talking about avoiding him in ODIs and 2020, to preserve the "Test mode", "Test match thinking and style". In Amits style, dont make him an "impure bowler" by playing him in short form cricket.

Yoda, Im not talking abt saving him from overload of work. I am trying to protect any ODI/2020 bowler "survival skills" - read line-length focus, defensive bowling etc etc - from filtering into his bowling mode. Pure classic test bowling. Not talking abt work overload in THIS thread.

Yoda, Im not talking abt saving him from overload of work. I am trying to protect any ODI/2020 bowler "survival skills" - read line-length focus, defensive bowling etc etc - from filtering into his bowling mode. Pure classic test bowling. Not talking abt work overload in THIS thread.
Ok. Misunderstood. Don't think it is an issue. I expect him to come charging and bowl at express pace in 20/20s as well.
I dont even want him to play ODIz for now...just focus on Tests. But he is being made to do reverse...play number of ODIs and 2020s. Classic Test match fast bowling takes time to develop, if he has got those ingredientz then let him focus on that. Hodge podge of ODIs and 2020 and IPL cra.p will ruin those skills and Line/Length and all that will become more important than speed, persistence, etc. I dont like how we are "grooming I.S."
What's with the obsession over the z abuse?