Ind ATG 11 batting

zen

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I understand that your nonsensical Avg*SR stat in Tests getting mocked at in the other thread pissed you off and led to the creation of this thread. A bit desperate and pathetic but still understandable.

Anyone who claims to be doing stats for breakfast should know that Avg*SR is only a part of various metrics. It comes in to play when metrics such as avg are similar  ....  Below, Lara averages 10+. Here Tendulkar is more like Chanderpaul in WI team (Avg*SR is not even required to separate the two) 

image.png

In case you did not know, Avg*SR helps to see if a batsman can score enough quickly if required to allow time to his bowlers to take wkts as illustrated in WI's 2nd innings -> Link .... Need I remind how the likes of Sehwag revolutionized opening the batting in test matches

Since you appear to be inexperienced, you probably thought that attacking an element in a table equals to other things getting overlooked as well :lol: .... many Pakistani posters try those tricks. For e.g. a long time ago in Inzi vs Sachin, etc.

Yeah this article at Cricinfo is something I wrote in my dreams :winky:.

Batsmen have boosted their career records by scoring heavily in matches inconsequential to the series

I don't know why cricinfo publishes such crap :facepalm: .... and  why would you want people to waste their time on this? .... Did you write that because your boss reprimanded you to give him something quickly? :hysterical:

Btw, i hope that you know that you lose points for losing a test. For e.g. if Aus were to beat Ind 4-0, it would have become #1 (and I know that Ind is 1-0 ahead so Aus cannot win 4-0 so don't waste your time writing that) .... and there is something called playing for pride as well. For e.g. Ind's win, along with the stats of players, in the dead rubber in SA is highly cherished by fans. In the last test vs Eng, the performances of likes of Pant, Jadeja, etc., were appreciated 

However, if I feel that the filters in this thread were dubiously selected then I will call it out. If you think that's getting "personal" then so be it. If you are incapable for making for a case for Lara without resorting to inconsistent filters and poorly researched claims that's not my problem. 

Buddy, if you want to write good quality stats based articles, first learn to overcome your biases .... FYI, even kids here show the ability to share insights better and pick decent topics  .....  As for the filters, they are fine and I have been nice enough to take the time to explain them too. If you still don't understand, may be this is not a topic that you should discuss with me .... Thanks for the comedy though!  :winky:

Edited by zen