Jesse Ryder injured (calling ravi!)

Mr. Wicket

Jesse Ryder, the New Zealand opener, is expected to be out for action or three months after injuring his right hand following a window-breaking incident at the Christchurch Stock Exchange bar. Ryder's injury occurred at 5:30am, the morning after New Zealand's series win against England when he was trying to gain access to a toilet area that had been accidentally locked. He was scheduled to be operated on in Christchurch Hospital this afternoon.
Looks like the booze got him in trouble again Ravi!! What the f**k was he doing getting pissed at 5:30 am?
Looks like the booze got him in trouble again Ravi!! What the f**k was he doing getting pissed at 5:30 am?
I had told ya this before hand... it's quite common for some to stay out drinking all night. Some people never learn. I thought he quit drinking few days ago. :nervous:

'This behaviour is unacceptable' Rising New Zealand star Jesse Ryder is out of cricket for up to three months after injuring his hand. More... Wellington - Rising New Zealand star Jesse Ryder is out of cricket for up to three months after injuring his hand in a bar celebrating New Zealand's one-day series win over England, officials said on Sunday. Ryder damaged an index finger and thumb when he broke a window earlon Sunday while trying to access a toilet which had been locked. New Zealand officials said it would be six weeks before Ryder could start light training and up to three months before he can play competitively again. The 23-year-old requires a reconstruction to the exterior tendon on his index finger, a flap reconstruction and a skin graft. Ryder partnered Brendon McCullum at the top of the New Zealand innings in Christchurch on Saturday when they put on 100 in 11 overs to lay the platform for a 34-run win to take the series 3-1. Team manager Lindsay Crocker said the New Zealand team and officials were disappointed in Ryder's behaviour. "We recognise the pressure Jesse has been under through his success in the England series and he has suddenly become a high profile international player," Crocker said. "However, this behaviour is unacceptable and we will have a serious discussion with him to ensure situations like this do not occur in the future." Ryder has a "wild-child" reputation and had been kept him out of New Zealand teams until this year when chief selector Sir Richard Hadlee said his attitude had improved. Crocker repeated that Ryder had shown increasing maturity during the England series, but added "in light of this event we shall ensure additional support is provided to Jesse." Ryder is to pay for the damage and apologise to the bar owner but Crocker said no further disciplinary action would be taken as the injuries "should serve as enough of a lesson." - Sapa-AFP

Apologies all-round from abusive Jesse Ryder The New Zealand opening batsman already had a lot to answer for after an incident during a night out landed the 23-year-old in hospital but revelations that he also abused hospital staff while receiving treatment have further damaged his shaky reputation. More...

Cricket: 'Rude' Ryder out until 1.30am before one-dayer Jesse Ryder's problems worsened last night after it emerged he stayed out until 1.30am at a Christchurch bar before the final one-day international between New Zealand and England. "I'm more than disappointed. I'm pretty annoyed,... More... Jesse Ryder's problems worsened last night after it emerged he stayed out until 1.30am at a Christchurch bar before the final one-day international between New Zealand and England. "I'm more than disappointed. I'm pretty annoyed, as I expect anyone else involved with the team would be. It's not something we would do before any match, not to mention one of this magnitude." Mr Crocker said players should not need to be told not to drink before a game. "You don't go out until 1.30am the night before a big match. There are no curfews because we haven't needed them." A "programme of support", including extensive therapy from a psychologist, was being drawn up to help Ryder. "He has let himself down very badly, and that's disappointing. "But before that, for the previous four weeks when he experienced all the highs and lows of professional sport, to go through that range of emotions in the space of a month, he handled himself with remarkable aplomb. And we all told him that after the fifth game. "He can be a successful player, and we're looking to support him any way we can. "We're not discarding him and pushing him away. Quite the reverse," Mr Crocker said. Despite the abuse, hospital staff were able to successfully complete the reconstructive hand surgery, meaning the burly opener could now be available for selection in the New Zealand one-day team to play in England in June. Meanwhile, Ryder's international cricket career was saved by two millimetres of tendon, his surgeon has revealed. Speaking to the Herald yesterday, Howard Klein of Christchurch said the 2mm of extensor tendon left unscathed on Ryder's injured left-hand index finger was "about the smallest" possible to allow a successful operation. Glass from the window Ryder's hand went through at a Christchurch bar early on Sunday morning had taken off a round piece of skin and tissue about 2.5cm wide on the second knuckle of the finger. Beneath that, the extensor tendon was almost completely severed at a "critical location", with just the 2mm attachment remaining. "We were able to fix that defect with some of the surrounding tissue, without taking a tendon from some place else," Mr Klein said. The surgeon said he had seen similar injuries heal "perfectly" before, when the patient was young and dedicated enough to focus on rehabilitation. Therapy on the hand was likely to begin tomorrow, Mr Klein said. But it would be six weeks before Ryder could resume training. A source within New Zealand Cricket confirmed Ryder was out drinking until the early hours of Saturday, the day before he seriously injured his hand trying to get through a toilet window at another bar. The revelation comes after Ryder was forced to apologise to staff at Christchurch Hospital yesterday for abusing them as he was being treated in the emergency department. Black Caps manager Lindsay Crocker told the Herald Ryder had been demanding, rude and verbally abusive to staff at the department on Sunday morning. "I caught the tail end of it when I arrived [at the hospital]," Mr Crocker said. "I explained to him everybody there was trying to help him. I told him to pull his head in. And he did. He agreed that it was inappropriate." Ryder is to apologise to staff in the department and will carry out voluntary work for the Emergency Care Foundation. Mr Crocker said he had discovered yesterday that Ryder had been drinking with friends at a bar within walking distance of the Black Caps' hotel for about three hours.