Tendulkar's batting exploits while chasing a big total in 2nd Inn

fineleg

And one more point Chandan: Regarding you saying I'm not a SRT fan...thats wrong. Well, I dont know what ur definition of fan is, so I will leave that aside. I do like SRT. Many here think I will be "happy" if India get to chase and SRT fails. Far from true. If India gets to bat 1st or 2nd in the Finals, its SRT who can really take us to victory to thrash Aus in C&B. And I hope he scores a century be it batting 1st or 2nd. Its our only chance with a rookie batting lineup and unpredictable Yuvi's form.

MM, kic is a SRT fan! (by the definition of "fan" used here) I hope it doesnt mean he cannot point out the pros and cons or issues of any player!
Who said only critics have to be ignorant ? Even fans can be. Only people who really dont understand the nature of sport, will come up with such nonsensical performance parameters. Who cares, its not Sachin's fault that you guys decide to be so foolish. He will continue doing what he has been doing all along, win matches for India. Meanwhile, you can all use the state-of-the-art, Microsoft developed software to determine how Sachin never scored a century against Germany, or didnt score a 100 when the team was chasing 95 for victory. Bravo !
pls. do tell me, what ignorant thing has kic posted. pls. take a look. i was ridiculed for being ignorant becos i did not back up my posts with numbers. but that is not the case here, there is analysis done!
I thought you would have realized by now. One of the main reasons why most of the guys have given his post a miss is not because they dont have answers to it, but they couldnt bothered to keep telling the same thing. Asking Sachin to do EVERYTHING is like asking a French guy to love Americans, or vice-versa. Its never gonna happen. There is no science behind it, to quantify with numbers and arguments. Its the nature of sport. Its a pity that self-proclaimed critics dont have enough grey cells up there to realize it.

While a good post by KIC , hardly has any new meat in it . Yes , Sachin has performed better while batting first. And yes , his performance has tapered off from Sachin of 2003. But , he has still our best ODI batsmen and the best opener too . In this era of Information technology , anybody can garner any kind of information with a click of a mouse. You have a stats websites like Cricinfo and Howstat which hardly make posters an authority to speak for or against Sachin .For objectively analysis , you need to have watched the batsmen bat , rather than simply rely on stats. And I can speak for lot of posters here , we have watched Sachin bat all these years and he is still the best ODI batsmen playing for India. Let's not cherry pick stats and rather look at the big picture . The fact remains that - Out of 216 innings he has aggregated 7701 at a healthy average 42.42 and yes 13 out of 15 times, when Sachin scores a century ,India has actually won ! or His record when chasing is remarkable. Like Gambit already mentioned, he has 16 50+ scores chasing totals over 275+. And this is the stat I cherry picked !:D

He will continue doing what he has been doing all along' date=' win matches for India.
MM, If he does what ur saying above going forward as well, then I'll be thrilled :two_thumbs_up: I'm not as much a stats person myself. I go by staying up late and not sleeping enough and watching matches (like how KR wrote above).
MM, If he does what ur saying above going forward as well, then I'll be thrilled :two_thumbs_up: I'm not as much a stats person myself. I go by staying up late and not sleeping enough and watching matches (like how KR wrote above).
What do you mean " IF he does"... He has been doing it all the while, even in this CB series. We have won 3 matches so far in this series and Sachin has top scored for us in TWO of the three victories. What more damning evidence you want ?
i said continuing it going forward' date=' "going forward as well" is what i wrote above...[/quote'] Well, doesnt that apply to other players as well ? Everyone has to win matches for his team and *continue it going forward*. Fact of the matter is, there are numerous Cricketers in the Indian team, whose record and place can be questioned, be it Rahul's test record in the last 12 months, or Bhajj's bowling performance, or for that matter, even Uthappa's record. BUT, you open your usual complaint threads ONLY when Sachin fails. Kinda tells a story, doesnt it ?

1. i have opened threads for other players too (bhajji, uthappa, dinesh karthik...havent for dravid, u can disagree abt rd, but already stated the reason for RD thingy before in this thread). 2. yes, more of my critical posts targeted srt becos A. I have higher expectation from him (which u folks have said i shudnt, thats ur opinion fine, i think he IS the big deal of Indian cricket and should shoulder that), and B. there is way too much praise on SRT in this icf and i have countered when i felt it was OTT. As I said, I'll be thrilled if SRT keeps scoring those 50s and centuries in regular fashion

1. i have opened threads for other players too (bhajji, uthappa, dinesh karthik...havent for dravid, u can disagree abt rd, but already stated the reason for RD thingy before in this thread). 2. yes, more of my critical posts targeted srt becos A. I have higher expectation from him (which u folks have said i shudnt, thats ur opinion fine, i think he IS the big deal of Indian cricket and should shoulder that), and B. there is way too much praise on SRT in this icf and i have countered when i felt it was OTT. As I said, I'll be thrilled if SRT keeps scoring those 50s and centuries in regular fashion
A) Your expectations are unrealistic. B) Looks like you cant stand someone praising Sachin. Is it because you are jealous of him or something. Anyways, this debate has gone FAR FAR longer than it should have. You are probably one of the two people on this board who criticize Sachin. That should give you indications enough, that you are most probably wrong. P.S - The other fan is Whineleg :D
B) Looks like you cant stand someone praising Sachin.
I dont have a problem in praising SRT. The thing I was talking about is the guy scores a century and there are like 10 threads going gaga. Other players score centuries too, and sometimes there is one thread, and sometimes not even that. Pardon me if it sounds like OTT for me. I dont have a problem with praising or congratulating SRT for his achievements.
how can GOD do any wrong be it in the first or the second innings, in australia or out of australia, before 2003 or after 2003? as far GOD goes, stats are meaningless, unless of course they are used to debunk the myth that he is not GOD.
Excellent sarcasm yoda:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: On another note I feel like poor K-I-C is the VVS of the forum; he came up with probably the best post in the month (like VVS golden knocks) but Finey's starpower (like VS, SG) takes away all the glory No body responded logically to K-I-C but finey became even more notorious (or famous):yay::yay:
Excellent sarcasm yoda:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: On another note I feel like poor K-I-C is the VVS of the forum; he came up with probably the best post in the month (like VVS golden knocks) but Finey's starpower (like VS, SG) takes away all the glory No body responded logically to K-I-C but finey became even more notorious (or famous):yay::yay:
:haha: good catch...