Saint Gilly is a cheat

You are completely incorrect. What i quoted exactly was the expert opinion of the MCC who administer the laws. You are just somebody on a message board expressing a personal opinion. As a lawyer I agree wtih the MCC. Competent experts disagree with your uninformed opnion - you are not in a position to judge expert legal opnion as 'incorrect' - you may express a belief that they are wrong - just they probably happen to have far greater expertise and knowledge than you do. And to judge someone as a 'cheat' when the people who administer the laws say what he did was legal is just obscene and laughable.
but isnt it what the media in Australia did ? they branded Bhajji racist and symonds a victim even before/after the verdict ?
You are completely incorrect. What i quoted exactly was the expert opinion of the MCC who administer the laws. You are just somebody on a message board expressing a personal opinion. As a lawyer I agree wtih the MCC. Competent experts disagree with your uninformed opnion - you are not in a position to judge expert legal opnion as 'incorrect' - you may express a belief that they are wrong - just they probably happen to have far greater expertise and knowledge than you do. And to judge someone as a 'cheat' when the people who administer the laws say what he did was legal is just obscene and laughable.
From what I read in the Aussie media, you guys went to town about how the verdict in Bhajji's case was influenced by BCCI's money,blah blah. This when the verdict came from a judge and followed a courtroom procedure.
We are the wrold champs. Suck it up and take the medicine. Just accept it chump INDIA ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS:yay:
Was that the same WORLD CHAMPIONS who's top 6 scored 35 runs between them against the Aussies (without Ponting, Hayden, Johnson, Hogg or Clark) at the MCG, recently ? Is that the same WORLD CHAMPIONS who could only muster 74 runs in total in that match and lost by 9 wickets ?? :regular_smile:
Was that the same WORLD CHAMPIONS who's top 6 scored 35 runs between them against the Aussies (without Ponting, Hayden, Johnson, Hogg or Clark) at the MCG, recently ? Is that the same WORLD CHAMPIONS who could only muster 74 runs in total in that match and lost by 9 wickets ?? :regular_smile:
its the world champions that beat your whining asses in the 20-20 cup..and sent u all packing :yay: and again back in india :yay:
you guys were such pussies that you had to scheduled the match as the first of the series as our boys didnt have enough time to prepare. the australian cricket board, being the biggest ***** of all, didnt even have match practice facilities available for us. and let's not forget that this was all happening a few days before the bhaji case went to trial... btw, where was your ass hiding when india beat australia in the 4th odi?
It is something like using coiled springs within the glove ' date=' coating outside edges with chemicals that slow down edges, having a coat of grease on palm that changes the ball's shine, wearing a ring that is abrasive and scuffs up the ball, using wood or something else inside pads that prevent the ball from bouncing off bat-pads etc...ALL these are NOT part of defined cricket equipment and are clearly done for the only purpose of gaining an unfair advantage, and hence illegal[/quote'] Actually, Hari, it's NOTHING like those examples. To liken Gilly's squash ball to applying grease to or deliberately scuffing a ball with a ring is laughable at best. As far as your assertion of wood in batting pads is concerned, when did the use of wood in pads become illegal ? 20050903004403401.jpg1903.jpg
its the world champions that beat your whining asses in the 20-20 cup..and sent u all packing :yay: and again back in india :yay:
If a team is as good as their last win ... then let me think when Aus beat India last in a test match ........... and how ... and the lost the next one .. didnt they ? :giggle: However , Indians are NOT the WC champs of ODIs ... right now they are playing ODIs and Aussies are the WC champs ..
Guest HariSampath
My post was NOT from any message bourd. It was from the official website of the laws of the game www.lords.org Even if an MCC administrator has given "his " interprtation of the laws of the game, remember that Umpires are the ultimate interpreters of the laws of the game. You still havent refuted my points with regard to how a squash ball cannot be part of inner equipment for protection or why it should not be considered an addendum to the batting equipment. You are free to copy paste my post and refer it to a club umpire in your city and ask for an opinion on what he would have done if a fielding team captain had appealed against the squash ball.

Yep, spot on dsr. What a facking cheat this guy is and then just watch the way he acts, seems like he's been robbed and wronged by the umpire. That's called manipulation and bullying the umpires for the people who don't get it.

Yep' date=' spot on dsr. What a facking cheat this guy is and then just watch the way he acts, seems like he's been robbed and wronged by the umpire. That's called manipulation and bullying the umpires for the people who don't get it.[/quote'] You obviously missed some of the crazy appeals by Harbi earlier today? Balls pitching well outside legstump etc. Both teams are guilty of excessive or false appealing at times. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
You obviously missed some of the crazy appeals by Harbi earlier today? Balls pitching well outside legstump etc. Both teams are guilty of excessive or false appealing at times. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
HUH? There was ONE half hearted appeal, not a full blooded one like Gilly (with of course the customary acting that follows the umpire saying not out), and he's done that too many times in this series itself, unlike Harby. On top of that Gilly is a great advocate of ethics in cricket and specially other cricketers. Hypocrite of highest order.
HUH? There was ONE half hearted appeal' date=' not a full blooded one like Gilly (with of course the customary acting that follows the umpire saying not out), [b']and he's done that too many times in this series itself, unlike Harby. On top of that Gilly is a great advocate of ethics in cricket and specially other cricketers. Hypocrite of highest order.
You have got to be joking! Both teams have been just as guilty as each other in this regard throughout this series.
You have got to be joking! Both teams have been just as guilty as each other in this regard throughout this series.
Nope, you're just plain wrong. But feel free to disagree, I have better things to do than arguing with you about proven hypocrisy of st. gilly.
My post was NOT from any message bourd. It was from the official website of the laws of the game www.lords.org Even if an MCC administrator has given "his " interprtation of the laws of the game, remember that Umpires are the ultimate interpreters of the laws of the game. You still havent refuted my points with regard to how a squash ball cannot be part of inner equipment for protection or why it should not be considered an addendum to the batting equipment. You are free to copy paste my post and refer it to a club umpire in your city and ask for an opinion on what he would have done if a fielding team captain had appealed against the squash ball.
Some of the content of your post were cut and past from www.lords.org. However, the incorredt conclusions and opionions are, however, your own. That is what I was referring to. So I asked 5 experienced umpires - including 2 non-australians - they all said 'completely legal'.
From what I read in the Aussie media' date=' you guys went to town about how the verdict in Bhajji's case was influenced by BCCI's money,blah blah. This when the verdict came from a judge and followed a courtroom procedure.[/quote'] Completely different. The verdict was not proven - as it should have been in the first instance. That's different from proven innocence. And no-one is calling Bhaji a cheat - unlike this messageboard where this vile accusation is thrown around like confetti at a wedding by immature people when no cheating is ever proven. Seems like as usual one standard for the Indians and one for everyone else.
Completely different. The verdict was not proven - as it should have been in the first instance.
Seriously, do you know law? The burden of Proof is on those who lay the charges. And the someone is not guilty until proven. And you are damn wrong to say "as it should have been in the first instance" - now go consult some lawyers mate, this time ask the aussie lawyers....:hysterical: You a lawyer.... serious?