Culprit of this collapse - Rohit Sharma

test fan

On 1/31/2019 at 6:13 AM, Nikola said:

But no one is stopping everybody else to take benefits of it? Kohli is taking benefits of it and averaging almost 60 in odis. Dhawan can't convert to big but still gun opener.

Dhawans ICC record is umpeccable. He is one player, who has allways raised his game in those tourney.

On 1/31/2019 at 5:56 AM, Stradlater said:

His performance in last 4 years is God like. Add to that 3 double centuries.

He along with Sach is the greatest ODI opener of all time in my mind.

Rohit has been incredible as a LOI opener but there's still a considerable gap between Sachin and him if we account for ICC tournament performances, knockout matches (yes I am aware of that 100 vs Bangladesh but not enough, he usually goes missing) and also longevity. I'll leave the technical aspects, aesthetic appeal, bowling attacks, pitches, rules, etc. To overcome all these handicaps, Rohit needs to continue this for at least another 4-5 years before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Tendulkar as an ODI opener.

Also, while I do think this is a troll thread possibly by a friendly neighbour, it is a fact that Rohit eats up too many dot deliveries at the start on most occasions. More often than not (at least in the last few years) he has made up for it, but on extremely flat pitches sometimes that approach is found a little wanting - you will a few 160(150) types of innings from him for this reason.

Of course, we have much bigger problems with our batting that need to be addressed first, namely the middle order and our top 3 have been fantastic for the most part.