Can't Wait Till Aussies Tour India

I've mentioned it a couple of times on this board..and I'll mention it again. Aussies can't play spin bowling. Yes they may do OK in the shortened format when they bring in the boundaries, but their technique against the turning ball is terrible. Hopes is Hopeless, Hayden can't stop sweeping, and let's not even talk about Ponting. Hussey looks suspect to the ball turning away from him as he tries to knock it into the gaps onto the onside against the turn. Clarke is decent but runs down the track too much. Prepare raging turners, and we'll knock them out inside 3 days each time. 4-0 India

I've mentioned it a couple of times on this board..and I'll mention it again. Aussies can't play spin bowling. Yes they may do OK in the shortened format when they bring in the boundaries, but their technique against the turning ball is terrible. Hopes is Hopeless, Hayden can't stop sweeping, and let's not even talk about Ponting. Hussey looks suspect to the ball turning away from him as he tries to knock it into the gaps onto the onside against the turn. Clarke is decent but runs down the track too much. Prepare raging turners, and we'll knock them out inside 3 days each time. 4-0 India
unfortunately lousy BCCI and the stoopid curatorz will get Flat trackz
Damien Martyn and Gilchrist were their best players of spin' date=' and the fact that niether of them will be part of the Aussie touring party is going to be a deciding factor if India do manage to win[/quote'] And Katich, another excellent and very underrated player against spin. Saved the 03-04 series with a superb pair of innings against Kumble, and then produced some outstanding innings at number 3 in Ponting's place. Then again, who knows - he's been the outstanding batsman of this domestic season by a distance and there's always the chance the selectors could pick him again.
And Katich, another excellent and very underrated player against spin. Saved the 03-04 series with a superb pair of innings against Kumble, and then produced some outstanding innings at number 3 in Ponting's place. Then again, who knows - he's been the outstanding batsman of this domestic season by a distance and there's always the chance the selectors could pick him again.
Yeah, i forgot Katich. He was really good in the '04 series in India - turned the game around from an ominous position with Clarke at Bangalore, and then played another great knock at Nagpur which proved to be decisive as Australia set an impossible 4th innings target. His selection for the tour shouldn't even be debated

Absolutely untrue, the OP. Australia beat SL 3-0 in SL, with arguably the greatest spinner of all time in the opposition. You can't cook up a Mumbai pitch everytime, hence best to go in with fair tracks. We have a seam bowling attack to rival anything Australia have. It's just typically disingenuous of Indian fans to start jumping up and down the moment Bhajji takes a couple of wickets in an ODI. What did he do in the Tests? Surely that's where our focus must lie? India played with two spinners twice in the Test series- lost both. When they trusted their seamers, they won one and drew one. There's a lesson in there somewhere for the spin brigade. People who continue to cry for spin are victims of stereotypes the foreign media has built up over the years about us. Step back, take a deep breath, and press "refresh".