Is hayden to be blamed ?

Is hayden to be blamed ?  

1. 1.

After seeing the Indians so determined in winning the finals. I wonder if Hayden and Symo have pushed their luck too far. Do you think Haydos had an affect on today's game ? Please feel free to criticize Hayden for his stupid interview.. I guess he must be feeling like an ass after saying "India isnt winning any games".. I think he forgot that they won the CONTROVERSIAL test series 2-1 (thanks to bucknor) .. and are 2-2 in the odis this summer vs Aus ... India & Aussies both beat Sri Lanka twice ... so what an idiotic comment when he said "they arent winning"

I don't think his comments made an ounce of difference (apart from giving Harby some material to use in his post-wicket celebrations). If Tendulkar hadn't fired with the bat it could have been a very different result. The Indian bowling was OK, but many aspects of their fielding was abysmal at times and their general lack of intensity in the field is not reflective of a team which was fired up due to Hayden's comments. Maybe there was a bit of extra incentive to perform well, but I don't think it shone through in their performance.

I don't think his comments made an ounce of difference (apart from giving Harby some material to use in his post-wicket celebrations). If Tendulkar hadn't fired with the bat it could have been a very different result. The Indian bowling was OK' date= but many aspects of their fielding was abysmal at times and their general lack of intensity in the field is not reflective of a team which was fired up due to Hayden's comments. Maybe there was a bit of extra incentive to perform well, but I don't think it shone through in their performance.
The problem with Hayden is that he gets quite carried away with his own greatness, and there's no doubt he's a great batsman. Maybe he should take a leaf out of Sachin's book and just let his bat do the talking? And what was that about in the bit in bold? Last I checked, Tendulkar is an Indian, innit?
I don't think his comments made an ounce of difference (apart from giving Harby some material to use in his post-wicket celebrations). If Tendulkar hadn't fired with the bat it could have been a very different result. The Indian bowling was OK' date=' but many aspects of their fielding was abysmal at times and their general lack of intensity in the field is not reflective of a team which was fired up due to Hayden's comments. Maybe there was a bit of extra incentive to perform well, but I don't think it shone through in their performance.[/quote'] Aussies mis fielded too and of course Indians bowled better ... so what is left by ur theory if Hayden hadnt performed Aussies would have lost by 9 wickets ???
Aussies mis fielded too and of course Indians bowled better ... so what is left by ur theory if Hayden hadnt performed Aussies would have lost by 9 wickets ???
Yeah, the Aussies did stuff up a few times in the field, but your boys were worse in this regard. Anyhow, my comments were intended on answering your question in your first post, rather than being an analysis of the match. Seriously, I feel that the Indian team performance did not reflect that they were particularly fired-up or determined as a result of Hayden's comments. It didn't seem like their was much fire in their bellies (apart from Sachin who played a masterful innings and was probably more fired up over recent media comments directed at his form).
Hayden and Symo both got out to bhajji trying for the big shots .. and that says a lot. It was time to rebuild but they wanted to take Bhajj on
Agreed. They showed too much bravado when they should have showed restraint, and it cost Australia dearly.
Yeah, the Aussies did stuff up a few times in the field, but your boys were worse in this regard. Anyhow, my comments were intended on answering your question in your first post, rather than being an analysis of the match. Seriously, I feel that the Indian team performance did not reflect that they were particularly fired-up or determined as a result of Hayden's comments. It didn't seem like their was much fire in their bellies (apart from Sachin who played a masterful innings and was probably more fired up over recent media comments directed at his form).
thats ur opinion but I think the Indians were fired up especially when Hayden was at the crease .. Uthappa , Bhajji , UV they all kept chatting .. and then the celebrations Sahin cops it from everybody (I criticize him too :giggle:)... but yes he was long overdue in the ODIs but having said that .. he has perfomed better that Ponting in this series
Well, it's a bit like someody here saying that had Hayden not scored that 82, India would have won at a canter. Nonsensical.
I see where you're coming from, but my comment was related to the questions posed in the first post re: Hayden's effect on the Indian performance today, rather than how performances contributed to the match result. Sachin and Sharma looked good in the middle but the others made little impact and didn't seem particularly fired up or determined by the Hayden controversy. And as mentioned earlier, Sachin would certainly have been motivated to prove his recent doubters wrong!

This is what Hayden should be blamed for though. He said this on the 27th: "India are complaining because they are losing every game they are playing” Talk about foot in the mouth syndrome! Man-oh-man.:hysterical: This after the closest summer of cricket against a full strength Aussie team in a generation. Is he really that unintelligent?

This is what Hayden should be blamed for though. He said this on the 27th: "India are complaining because they are losing every game they are playing†Talk about foot in the mouth syndrome! Man-oh-man.:hysterical: This after the closest summer of cricket against a full strength Aussie team in a generation. Is he really that unintelligent?
I've said it elsewhere on the forum and I'll say it again... you guys have taken his comments FAR too seriously! They were made on a comedy breakfast radio program and in a jovial manner. Whilst some will think that he's made a fool of himself, it's not like he made the comments at a press conference whilst holding the baggy green to his heart. The whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion and taken entirely out of context, which is a shame as the overreaction has probably soured relations between the teams further.
I've said it elsewhere on the forum and I'll say it again... you guys have taken his comments FAR too seriously! They were made on a comedy breakfast radio program and in a jovial manner. Whilst some will think that he's made a fool of himself' date=' it's not like he made the comments at a press conference whilst holding the baggy green to his heart. The whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion and taken entirely out of context, which is a shame as the overreaction has probably soured relations between the teams further.[/quote'] Yes, but this is the same guy who said before the 2003 series down under, "If Dravid has any shots, we are yet to see them". We all know what Dravid did in that series. He has a record for making these kind of bloopers.