Harbhajan Singh appreciation thread

seems like Hayden wants to avoid the 'boos' during IPL games.
Yep, its most definitely a ploy to win back the hearts and minds. If anyone here mistakes this for a genuine attempt by Hayden to patch up with Bhajji, then thats just wishful thinking. Its an open truth that the whole Australian team hates Bhajji and I am pretty sure none of them are even on " Hey hi, How are you ?" terms with him. Now, this public effort to patch is just an after-thought, to make sure his reputation, sullied so much after his infamous weed comment, is now revived. Bhajji should have absolutely none of this. Am pretty sure the so called patch-up meeting will never take place.
Yep' date=' its most definitely a ploy to win back the hearts and minds. If anyone here mistakes this for a genuine attempt by Hayden to patch up with Bhajji, then thats just wishful thinking. Its an open truth that the whole Australian team hates Bhajji and I am pretty sure none of them are even on " Hey hi, How are you ?" terms with him. Now, this public effort to patch is just an after-thought, to make sure his reputation, sullied so much after his infamous weed comment, is now revived. Bhajji should have absolutely none of this. Am pretty sure the so called patch-up meeting will never take place.[/quote'] Either that or he's been told by CA/ICC to do so! Its very much possible that this is a fallout of the recent ICC investigation of Bhajji.

Sly Hayden now regrets weed remark Facking steriod junkie twat! Now he is coming to India he cr#ps his pants and wants good relations. We shut you up in the odis by winning the trophy and now you are coming to India for $$$$$$ you want peace. I say he can go to hell and we give him bucket loads! http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Hayden_regrets_remark_on_Bhajji_wants_to_patch_up/articleshow/2870535.cms

This is the original interview based on which article has been written Matthew Hayden seeks closure on Harbhajan Singh Article from: The Sunday Mail (Qld) Peter Badel March 16, 2008 12:00am MATTHEW Hayden wants to sit down and talk with Harbhajan Singh, and says he is still at the peak of his powers in this wide-ranging interview. After another prolific summer are you at the peak of your powers? From a performance point of view, at 36, everyone is kind of expecting me to fall over and I don't feel like that at all. I feel my drive, my passion, my knowledge of the game, my competitive instincts, they are almost unquenchable at this stage. I feel I'm hitting the ball as well as I ever have. To be honest, sometimes you build something up when it's not quite there and for me the Sri Lankan series was very much like that. For me it was a stop gap to where we really wanted to get to and that was India. They are an opposition we love to beat. It was a highly-charged summer. Are relations between India and Australia at rock bottom? No I don't think so. Look, there's definite tension, but if I was a spectator, that's what I'd want to see. Rodney Hogg said it best during the summer when he said it's not tiddlywinks. If I was a fan and I went to a game that was far from contrived but didn't have a competitive edge, I'd be unimpressed straight away. There can be a sense of hypocrisy there. You know, I cross myself when I get 100, then I'm at first slip giving it to the Indians. At what point do you cross the line? Away from the field, how were the Indians? They were reasonably pleasant. At the end of the day, two alpha dogs are never going to sit in a cage and not look at each other. It is what it is. The way I see my cricket, if you're the other alpha dog, you better not blink. I feel I'd be letting down my country if I was to blink. In terms of general human relations, I wouldn't say there was ill-feeling. India had four months out here. We rarely saw them other than at the ground. It's play and get back into the cage. How is your relationship with Harbhajan? I don't know how Harbhajan is feeling but he made it clear how he feels about our team. To put closure on my indiscretion (calling Harbhajan an "obnoxious little weed"), I could have used a different choice of words. In 15 years of cricket, I had a slip. It wasn't to disgrace or denigrate Harbhajan. I could have gone for a different turn of phrase. In the end all I did was put fuel on a fire that already existed. It wasn't necessary. It was a mistake. He called you a big liar and questioned your credibility. Were you stung by that? What I'd like to is have a chat to Harbhajan when we get to India. I want to sit down with him and see if there is any way we can move forward with our relationship because it hasn't been great. I'd like to see where he's at and see if we can patch up our differences. Frankly, everyone is sick of it. How did you handle life without Justin Langer this summer? It was definitely a different challenge for me. Justin and I went through 70-odd Tests together and when that's not there, it's a different dynamic. But it's a dynamic that I was looking forward to. I had been desensitised a bit to change because I opened with "Gilly" (Adam Gilchrist) in the one-day game. But I wanted to take another stride and I felt I did that. I thought Phil Jaques did a great job. You're the last member of the so-called Dad's Army still standing. How long have you got left? I've been getting that question for three or four years and it's a two-fold response. The first is about performance. Like anything in life, there is not a seamless, endless contract. My value and my currency is about runs. All I want to do is get runs. If I do that, the selectors will say: "Hayden, yep, he's still got it." I want to keep scoring runs. I need to keep scoring runs. Secondly, it's whether I'm enjoying the game. I'll know when the time is right. It sounds like you're up for the challenge of going to England again next year. I don't like speculating too far but if the ingredients are there there's no point stopping. I'd love to go to England. It's a tour that, yeah, the carrot's dangling. I've had great success in county cricket but every time I've gone there (for Australia) I've averaged around the mid-30s without really excelling. And it's a place I know I can excel. How hard is it continually leaving your wife and kids behind? One of the hardest things about cricket is the time away from your family. You have no idea what it means to me to be able to take my girl to school or a sports carnival. The life of a professional athlete can be a selfish one. You have to be driven. There is so much sacrifice involved and you need a family to enable you to grow. Are you keen to play IPL? Yeah, I do want to go and there are some key reasons why I want to go. Firstly, it's only going to be for about two weeks, so that takes away a lot of the revenue we could earn. But right or wrong, I want to use it as a top-up before we go into the West Indian tour. We will still have time to come back from the Indian Premier League for a pre-tour camp, which I think is a great thing. If anything, the IPL will help us. I've told Chennai I will be playing. I'm committed to going, if Cricket Australia allows me to go.

time to come back from the Indian Premier League for a pre-tour camp, which I think is a great thing. If anything, the IPL will help us. I've told Chennai I will be playing. I'm committed to going, if Cricket Australia allows me to go.
Hope, for once at least, Madras crowd boos this steroid junkie, rather than "be nice to guests" Anyway, if he escapes madras, hope he gets booed everywhere else.

Nice picture of Bhajji doing an imitation of a Maori haka here... http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/417227/1646992

According to media reports in Australia, Hayden regretted his comments and was keen to clear the air with Harbhajan. "These things happen in the game and I am happy if he wants to patch (things) up," Harbhajan told the Mumbai tabloid Mid Day on Wednesday. "I never had any problem off the field with him, he is more than welcome to come and talk it over. "I always got on with the game and now if he wants to get on with the game, I am happy to talk to him. From my side the issue is solved."
Asked if he would invite Symonds for a chat, Harbhajan said: "I am more than happy to be friends with everyone. "What happens on the field should be left on the field. If you say something you should be able to take it. Otherwise don't say it. I will be happy to put the issue behind me."
It's all good.