How to prevent the Death of Spinners

maaki

T20 and one day cricket with the extended 3 power plays has made if difficult to play more than 1 spinner. With less and less Test matches being played this could very well mean the death of the spin bowlers.. May be the power play rules should be changed to allow for extra fielder during power plays for bowlers bowling below 90 Km.. this would definitly encourage including more spinners in the side.. Hope ICC is looking into this aspect of the game..

Oh god not again a baseless statement.. I have only seen NZ play with 2 front line spinners in T20.. most teams have 3-4 pace bowlers and 1 spinner.. Why not give some encouragement to include 2 spinners in every match and what better way by giving some leeway in PP overs

Spinners seem to have had the most success at T20 so far.
T20 and one day cricket with the extended 3 power plays has made if difficult to play more than 1 spinner.
I will keep it easy for you, you can not stop the death of classical spinners. End of story. A classical spinner basically works on outthinking the batsman. Often this means setting him up for overs(dozens of them) and then slip in one when the batsman is least expecting. Today a bowler has to bowl 4-5 overs so how in the world is he going to set up the batsman?? No wonder you see spinners firing a faster one on middle stump every 2nd ball. Also you will continue to see what I think is the single worst sight in world of cricket. Keepers(Dhoni) standing upto "pace" bowler(Pathan). Gilly does to Bracken, Sangakarra does to Vaas. Hate it!!!! What good is a medium pacer if even the keeper is not afraid of him :(( then again thats another 20/20 & LOI invention and isnt gonna change anytime soon.

I personally think that the whole idea of powerplays are crap. Disturbs possible innovations and is way too intrusive on the game's tactics. Also, dont forget the ridiculous leg side wide rule in LO cricket which generally makes the spinners bowl flat and useless deliveries.