The Heroes Welcome @ Delhi

Rajiv

...is the CB Series is a world spectacle deserving of a victory parade ? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
maybe maybe not .. that is all a matter of opinion .... why people are getting so bent outta shape about a bunch of folks congregating of their own volition to have a good time is beyond me. Live and let live
???? The stadiums were packed to capacity for each and every test. Not to mention the thousands and thousands who were outside the stadium. The massive victory parade afterwards also tells me that a few people did actually care. Anyway, who gives a sh it about England and what they do. Does England set the standard for the India ? No they don't. I couldn't care less what their people do to felicitate their cricketers.
Half the people who go dont actually understand cricket, and whats the capacity of Lords, england's biggest stadium, 29,000. not hard to fill it right especially when uve got the aussies. to put things into perspective, 2 days after we beat england in the 06 champ trophy where Irfan was magnificent, i was gloating in school to which a guy replied that they won the ashes and asked me why we havent won it. that should tell u their cricket knowledge. They all kept saying for 2 years they were the best team in the world, these were the same people who u r saying filled those stadiums who obviously know nothing.
You didn't even understand my argument and your reply has no relevance to anything i have said.
You said that indian cricket needs to make a winning a habit which they have been certainly doing now . who cares how india celebrates the team victory. it's not like this indian team is going to be so distracted that they'll lose the south africa series 3-0.
Most people in Australia didn't even care to support their team
yeah that sure makes a lot of sense when the first 20/20 match of this cb series set a australian stadium record of any sport with over 90,000 fans who came to watch their team.
It basically tells us that Indians have a lot of time on their hands. For overseas Indians cricket games mean staying awake all night watching the game, dragging their ar to work the next day and fighting on the message boards while at work. The lot will spend hours watching cricket day in and day out and when they are not watching they are discussing it. Now ask the same set of people to do a set of pushups every morning for 5 minutes and see what happens. No wonder we are a country of expanding waistlines! Same is the case in India. Actually worse since it is easier to follow games in India. I know it cos I used to do the same. So not surprised to see people leaving their everyday jobs to go check out Indian team :((
Loved the pushups comment, so true...:haha: I seriously doubt that Indians living in India would leave their everyday jobs to go the Kotla and gawk at the Indian cricket team. Indians aren't that stupid. I reckon many of those people were either jobless youths with nothing to do, or possibly people hired by the media.
...is the CB Series is a world spectacle deserving of a victory parade ? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Agree its not a world spectacle, its 3 teams. But how often do u beat Aus in their own back yard? But if u still think the superbowl is a world event, then u really are living in lala land. And now u r gonna mention england, the cricket glory hunters had gone off cricket after the whitewash so they didnt even have a clue it was going on.
Half the people who go dont actually understand cricket, and whats the capacity of Lords, england's biggest stadium, 29,000. not hard to fill it right especially when uve got the aussies. to put things into perspective, 2 days after we beat england in the 06 champ trophy where Irfan was magnificent, i was gloating in school to which a guy replied that they won the ashes and asked me why we havent won it. that should tell u their cricket knowledge. They all kept saying for 2 years they were the best team in the world, these were the same people who u r saying filled those stadiums who obviously know nothing.
u were in primary school???

Predator is conveniently ignoring the fact that India beat the two best teams in the world in the tri-series plus won moral victory in the all important test series ...Surely , this alone calls for celebration rather than celebration for club level sports followed by few million fans in their respective cities . Heck , New York has two football teams for god sake. Hardly a World event ... :D

The victory may sound a bit over the top but in the coming years Indian cricket followers will get used to it When such victories don't come by often the celebrations are warranted. India slowly is inching towards winning consistently. People will then stop celebrating for such wins. We have to be fair similar celebrations were not seen after India had beaten England in test series after 25 years or after India had beaten Pakistan at home in both ODI and test series. I guess CB series win rates among the top wins for this generation of cricketers.

Predator is conveniently ignoring the fact that India beat the two best teams in the world in the tri-series plus won moral victory in the all important test series ...Surely ' date=' this alone calls for celebration [/quote'] Yes, let's stage massive parades for moral victories...:haha: