Colonel targets Yuvi

Vengsarkar's bouncer: Pull your socks up, Yuvraj

colonel-targets.jpg

New Delhi: Team India may have sealed the season of controversies with an incredible win over Australia in the CB series Down Under, but the euphoria is fast wearing off. Chief Selector Dilip Vengsarkar has said that he is disappointed with the performance of India vice-captain Yuvraj Singh. In an interview published in the latest edition of news magazine Week Vengsarkar says Yuvraj has to be more consistent in his game and must perform to the potential of his talent. He also says the flamboyant cricketer’s performance is key to India becoming world beaters. Vengsarkar's comments come just two days after the Men in Blue reached home to a heroes’ welcome following the victory against Australia. The chief selector said while Yuvraj has been in the team for about eight years, he has failed to establish himself as a Test player. He added Yuvraj only had himself to blame. "I am disappointed as I always had expectations from him. Yuvraj needs to be more consistent. He is a great talent but he has to perform to his potential," the Week quotes him as saying. But he was all praises for India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who he said has “really matured as a skipperâ€. Vengsarkar says Dhoni believes in his players and that was the most important part of being a skipper. But Vengsarkar’s comments haven’t cut ice with Team India Assistant coach Lalchand Rajput. “All players have a bad patch. Yuvraj has to work hard to cement his place in this team. I am surprised at Vengsarkar’s comments and people should know what they are speaking against,†Rajput told CNN-IBN. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/vengsarkars-bouncer-yuvraj-has-been-disappointing/30180-13.html

Guest Hiten.

Good move. Absolutely no one should be spared, they he performs below par like UV did in Aussie. And wtf is Rajput moaning about ? UV needs to get his head straight and perform in test matches to cement his place. Rajput is riding on India's success. Woh kehte hain na... "behti ganga mein haath dho lo".

Good move. Absolutely no one should be spared' date=' they he performs below par like UV did in Aussie. And wtf is Rajput moaning about ? UV needs to get his head straight and perform in test matches to cement his place. Rajput is riding on India's success. Woh kehte hain na... "behti ganga mein haath dho lo".[/quote'] Well said about Rajput. Regarding Yuvi, when his knee is not fully normal leaving Yuvi unfit, we must look into Raina/KKD/Parthiv Patel for the upcoming test series. For ODIs, Raina/Yusuf Pathan/KKD. We have had enough chances given to Yuvi, now let him recover fully and return to the team. Keep the yardstick same for every one..yeah!

lalli ( Rajput ) is like some one who piggybacks on few people..Like Ganguly piggybacked on the performances of Dravid, Viru, Laxman and Sachin also Kumble...for his test wins abroad...doing nothing at all as his contribution.. Lalli just work as the potter for team india...arranges the travel...and practice sessions...nothing more than that.. i mean..all the clerical jobs....He will be a good clerk... he is no manager...i don't think he gives any input in the team meetings..or his opinions are taken seriously..

I think, yes, Yuvi has not batted well at all this series, but everyone had a bad time sumtimes, but I was highly impressed by his fielding skills and he also played quite an essential role as a part-time bowler. Maybe they are too harsh on him, they shud give him one more chance in next series and if he rises then its ok otherwise they may need to do something about it. anyway now that he is definitely not dating deepika that makes things much easier (now that shes dating ranbir)

I think' date=' yes, Yuvi has not batted well at all this series, but everyone had a bad time sumtimes, but I was highly impressed by his fielding skills and he also played quite an essential role as a part-time bowler. Maybe they are too harsh on him, they shud give him one more chance in next series and if he rises then its ok otherwise they may need to do something about it. anyway now that he is definitely not dating deepika that makes things much easier (now that shes dating ranbir)[/quote'] who is ranbir?
lalli ( Rajput ) is like some one who piggybacks on few people..Like Ganguly piggybacked on the performances of Dravid, Viru, Laxman and Sachin also Kumble...for his test wins abroad...doing nothing at all as his contribution.. Lalli just work as the potter for team india...arranges the travel...and practice sessions...nothing more than that.. i mean..all the clerical jobs....He will be a good clerk... he is no manager...i don't think he gives any input in the team meetings..or his opinions are taken seriously..
how do you know this?
who is ranbir?
deepika's bf, i think he's rishi kapoor's son thank god deepika is out of his life, now people can stop with the BS that deepika is affecting his batting
Yuvi has to get things under control....Dhoni can't sheild him for a long time...eventhough Yuvi has won many matches for India...his slump is killing all his past heroics.
yeh, everyone knows yuvi has masses of potential, but he cant keep riding on a few good performances
deepika's bf, i think he's rishi kapoor's son thank god deepika is out of his life, now people can stop with the BS that deepika is affecting his batting yeh, everyone knows yuvi has masses of potential, but he cant keep riding on a few good performances
yeah ranbir kapoor looks like a girl maybe Deepika has turned lesbo

Vengsarkar has bit of a communication problem when speaking in English. He sometimes ends up saying things I am pretty sure he didnt intend to, in the first place. Its just a matter of time before he inadvertently blurts out some nonsense against Sachin and all hell will break loose then.Currently, the ONLY person who can criticize Sachin in the full view of the media and yet get away with it is his son, Arjun. Anyone else who commit that sin will have to pay a heavy price for it. :D

vengasker has been underrated here.. time to give credit...all his moves have worked out :appl:
Yep, his period has heralded the beginning of a new era of Indian cricket. This man must take a huge part of the credit for that.
yeah ranbir kapoor looks like a girl maybe Deepika has turned lesbo
:eyedance::cantstop::haha::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
vengasker has been underrated here.. time to give credit...all his moves have worked out :appl:
underrated...yes, for excluding RD & SG on Dhoni's advice and selecting rush blood to crush old-mad aussies bulls.
Yep' date=' his period has heralded the beginning of a new era of Indian cricket. This man must take a huge part of the credit for that.[/quote'] definitely, he took risk and succeeded. Instead of taking credit, he poured all of good words on players. A proof that he is unbiased and professional selector and a front leader.