Holy mother, not again !

Ram

21 years, TWENTY ONE darn years I lived in Chennai... And I hardly saw a cloud in the sky from Feb to September. Leave alone that, I inflicted myself to the torture of playing cricket in 40 degree centrigrade and 85% humidity. How much, how fcking much I prayed for rain and overcast skies those days, only for my pleas to be totally discarded. Now, I move out and it rains in the city EVERY summer. Somebody out there doesnt like me !
Relax there will be no rain this time
Guest HariSampath
Also it seems that chennai ground has got one of the worst drainage facilities. Nomally it takes ages to dry the ground.
It has got an extremely good drainage system for rains...but not a 40 day flood :D
Guest HariSampath
Remove chennai's test status until god decides to fix the god damn weather conditions of this city :cantstop:
How can God fix something He has already "damned " ??:pray: And God is just answering the prayers of long suffering Chennaiites by sending rains ! ( by sending Dhoni the rain man to Chennai IPL....it will rain if even Dhoni's name is mentioned at a cricket ground )
Guest HariSampath
Remove chennai's test status until god decides to fix the god damn weather conditions of this city :cantstop:
??? LOL LOL.....just check the washed out record for all major test centers, and you will find that Chepauk has the best one. Cancel Chepauk's test status ???? LOl...you are talking of a place that is an international name in cricket history !! Test cricket and Chepauk are synonymous with cricket folklore , right from the days of Mohammed Nissar, Amar Singh, Lala Amarnath, through GR Vishwanath, Gavaskar, kapil Dev till Tendulkar. There have been more test matches played in Chepauk than anywhere except Eden Gardens ( and between 1956 and 1967, there were 9 tests played in Nehru stadium Chennai ), which if included Chennai has hosted maximum tests in India since 1934
Guest Hiten.
??? LOL LOL.....just check the washed out record for all major test centers, and you will find that Chepauk has the best one. Cancel Chepauk's test status ???? LOl...you are talking of a place that is an international name in cricket history !! Test cricket and Chepauk are synonymous with cricket folklore , right from the days of Mohammed Nissar, Amar Singh, Lala Amarnath, through GR Vishwanath, Gavaskar, kapil Dev till Tendulkar. There have been more test matches played in Chepauk than anywhere except Eden Gardens ( and between 1956 and 1967, there were 9 tests played in Nehru stadium Chennai ), which if included Chennai has hosted maximum tests in India since 1934
tum toh emotional ho gaye :haha:
Guest HariSampath

^ No emotion man... :-)) just was thinking of the Utter stupidity by you, if you think Chepauk's status should go because of RAIN....when this is the place least affected by rain

Guest HariSampath

Chennai weather update : Its been one week since this thread was started, and Chennai rains haven't letup. Its been raining almost daily and with 3-4 days to get the pitch preparation complete, nothing has been done yet. A club cricketer told me that the wicket has not even been rolled once. If the rains stop, a good pitch can be prepared as Chennai has top quality groundstaff and facilities, but the ground has puddles all over and with the rain not stopping, looks as if there may be a rain affected game, if not washed out. It may also result in an underprepared wicket ( most likely) and a 3 day result. Ticket sales have not been good so far. Most folks want to attend only IPL games. Even I am thinking of the preposterous option of giving this test match a miss, something I havent done at all before, but I may go because otherwise I would feel guilty :nervous:

Well I Start a thread 8 days before a game Everyone says it is too early for a thread It Rains a week ahead of the same game People are worrying and criticising the weather WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For all those who dont know Chennai is not the kind of place where it rains days to gether .....It ll rain for a day maximum the next day will be overcast and the very next day the sun ll start beating down with the temperatures easily reading 37-40 degree Celcius

Guest HariSampath

because it IS much too early to start a match thread on ICF one week before game, it is usually previous day, but that doesnt mean Chennai weather cant be discussed one week before, because its been raining daily here. btw...hope u remember Nov/Dec 2005...when only two persons could have walked on Chennai roads...Jesus Christ who walked on water and Moses for whom the seas parted :D

@ Hari Sampath Well I Hope You know The Difference Between Rain and a Drizzle............. N for your Information I have been Born N Brought Up In Chennai............... Go Out There n see for yourself it is not raining the conditions are just overcast........... Guys Trust Me It Is Just a Drizzle down here in Chennai..................... Dont Talk About Nov/Dec Crap Now Nov/Dec is Rainy Season here This Is The Beginning of Summer Buddy..................

Guest HariSampath

^..dude...I have lived in Chennai all my life too, prolly for more time than you..and its certainly not drizzling, it has rained quite hard two times a day, last one week. Even an hour back, I strolled across 4-5 blocks to have a smoke and got drenched,..I know this is March but then this kind of unseasonal rain hasnt been seen before too.