Holy mother, not again !

Ram

21 years, TWENTY ONE darn years I lived in Chennai... And I hardly saw a cloud in the sky from Feb to September. Leave alone that, I inflicted myself to the torture of playing cricket in 40 degree centrigrade and 85% humidity. How much, how fcking much I prayed for rain and overcast skies those days, only for my pleas to be totally discarded. Now, I move out and it rains in the city EVERY summer. Somebody out there doesnt like me !

Guest Hiten.

do I still need to explain WHY do i HATE Chennai to the CORE ??? I still haven't forgotten the Ind vs Aus test. India needed 230 to win. We had 4 days of scorching sun BUT on the 5th day OUT OF NO WHERE it rained cats and dogs. :finger: Chennai

do I still need to explain WHY do i HATE Chennai to the CORE ??? I still haven't forgotten the Ind vs Aus test. India needed 230 to win. We had 4 days of scorching sun BUT on the 5th day OUT OF NO WHERE it rained cats and dogs. :finger: Chennai
yeah Viru has just taken one of the OZ bowlers to the cleaners in the last over (Gilly was it for 4 fours) and was set to win the game in the morning session for us ....
yeah Viru has just taken one of the OZ bowlers to the cleaners in the last over (Gilly was it for 4 fours) and was set to win the game in the morning session for us ....
Nope, it was McGrath. What an awesome straight drive it was, past mid-off, off the last ball of day 4 !
Nahhiiii dont remind me ... Sehwag has hitting the ball so well and then stuppppppid rain :finger:
Guest HariSampath

Hey Relax guys....Its nothing. Its just a weather front caused by a depression in the bay off the coast of Sri Lanka. There would be heavy rain here next 2-3 days and thats it. Right now it is raining here and very cloudy all day, but not that heavy rain. I have been worried too, and I have been watching how the rain affects the soil and if there is water logging, but fortunately that is not the case. Usually heavy rains in Chennai would be concentrated on certain areas for spells and water gets collected as a result , taking a longtime to dry up. Now its evenly raining and heck, even traffic is not affected in Chennai, meaning Chennaiites cant even consider this as rain. The good news is that I have checked up all the senior league cricket games last 2-3 days, and NONE of them have been washed out ( despite rains)...just stoppages for 1-2 hrs. This means that the cricket grounds are all draining the water easily, and as Chepauk has a far better drain system than other Ranji grounds in town, unless there are very heavy rains during the test, it will not get affected, and this is unlikely to happen .