Shahbaz Nadeem added to India's squad as cover for Kuldeep Yadav, who is dealing with shoulder pain

17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think so, Amit Mishra was never great turner of the ball .I never said he did not have control.It is not just Mishra, even guys like Gupte, Qadir or Mustaq all were reliant more on their googly than their stock delivery.No subcontinent spinner other than Murali had that ability to turn the ball big.Siva still thinks he would have had a great career if he was given proper guidance but I don't thinlk he would have more than reached 100 test wickets even if he tried his hardest.Once people starting reading your googly you will fade away. I hope Kuldeep does learn to turn his stock delivery more than he is doing currently and increase his speed thru air.

Chawla did not have anything other than his wrongun.Thats why he was a horrible bowler.

I agree with this. For bowlers who rely on sharp turn and are generally slower through the air to achieve that, their weapon is usually the quicker one for example Warne. He would focus on turning the ball and flight and then unleash the quick flipper which is was got him a lot of wickets. Ashwin too is a lot more conventional off spinner and varies his pace but his weapon is the carrom ball which zips of the surface. 

Most successful spinners are the ones who have the surprising skiddy delivery along with the variation in flight and revs.

Edited by maniac