Official Dhoni is not FTB

Re: Official Dhoni is not FTB

He grew up in Jamshedpur so i am not surprised that he is good on bouncy pitches i reckon he only struggles on the seaming pitches!
Spot on MP. Dhoni doesnt struggle against pace & bounce. He showed it in that test ton vs Pak, knocking Akhtar all over the park. That one defining over from Akhtar when he caned him so badly, that the druggie had to resort to a beamer, at the end, stands out vivid in my memory. A pu.ssy against pace & bounce cannot play like that. Even in the first ODI, Dhoni was stroking the ball well, before he made that stupid mistake of not keeping his bat away from the angling delivery. It is in seaming conditions, Dhoni is at sea. But how many Indian batsmen are good in such conditions ? Perhaps, Dravid & SRT of the old. So if Dhoni is an FTB, so is every other batter in our lineup.

Re: Official Dhoni is not FTB

He grew up in Jamshedpur so i am not surprised that he is good on bouncy pitches i reckon he only struggles on the seaming pitches!
Spot on MP. Dhoni doesnt struggle against pace & bounce. He showed it in that test ton vs Pak, knocking Akhtar all over the park. That one defining over from Akhtar when he caned him so badly, that the druggie had to resort to a beamer, at the end, stands out vivid in my memory. A pu.ssy against pace & bounce cannot play like that. Even in the first ODI, Dhoni was stroking the ball well, before he made that stupid mistake of not keeping his bat away from the angling delivery. It is in seaming conditions, Dhoni is at sea. But how many Indian batsmen are good in such conditions ? Perhaps, Dravid & SRT of the old. So if Dhoni is an FTB, so is every other batter in our lineup.
yea he handled Shoaib will relative ease(eventhough the pitch was really flat)!Must say that his overall performance against extreme pace of Akhtar was quite good but on the seaming pitch at Karachi he was even struggling against A Razzaq! So basically he can play on every pitch other than the ones that offer a bit of seam....

Re: Official Dhoni is not FTB That was an excellent innings from Dhoni. He makes the most of his ability, and is a very intelligent batsman. On the old board, i always claimed that he would struggle on pitches with a bit of juice against restrictive bowlers like these South Africans - on evidence of his shoddy performances in that 4 match series India played against them. After witnessing the two fifties he scored against WI, and now in SA - i am now convinced that he has what it takes to become a reliable batsman in almost any conditions. He isn't just a brainless cowlasher - he picks the right deliveries to hit and rotates strike reasonably well. Decent off the back foot as well, and can play some horizontal bat shots (what a six that was off Kallis !). I think he will have a decent test series. Dhoni's knocks and Zaheer's wickets have been the (only) highlights of India's crappy performances throughout this tour.