Played Professional Cricket ?

Tiger

Re: Played Professional Cricket ?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ GKD ... Man you are good at words ... :wtg:
Thanks mate :hic: I was a Romeo and No.1 LAFANGA. I had to deal with brothers of my girlfriends and jealous desis from a VERY tender age. That kind of forced me to be quick with my tongue...otherwise my sexy face would have been re-arranged countless times :lmao: Try explaining to a brother why you stripped her 3-4 year old sister (I was 4 as well...so not a pedo...) :lmao:

I was browsing through the site and saw most of you guys here are cricket manics (so am i :hic: ) I was wondering how many of you actually play or played on a competitive level like inter-college or Dist. level, state level so on n so forth.(Leather ball cricket). I was a middle order LHB and a medium pacer during my engg. days. I also played on club level (dist. championship) for couple of years after my engineering. A back injury pretty much ended my cricket..lol. Anyway...care to share ur cricket involvement ? P.S @mods: I tried searching for a similer post so that I dont repost it but couldnt find a similer thread. If there is one then I apologize and kindly merge this one with the old thread.
I have played college cricket for 5 yrs as LHB. Was Hit in the head while standing on the silly point.(1980) No helmats that time.Lucky escape . Fond of Gavskar and Kapil. Now I like Sachin purely on his Tenacity and resilience. Following his progress right from his Deput in Pakistan.

Re: Played Professional Cricket ? I have played local plus have practiced with local Gymkhana team. But could not play with them because I was in 9th standard and they was quite a age difference. Saw Kaif once since he came for his Gymkhana team but could not play then :eew: Though went to my cousin's place and he hit three sixes off dinesh mongia in his college :hic:

Re: Played Professional Cricket ? have captained the team throughout high school.... played in US at league level... havent played in 3-4 yrs now.... used to practise often with the bola bowling machine in US... i think, it was imported from south africa by a baseball academy in partnership with an indian guy..... amazing how a machine can swing the ball(banana type) indoors, without breeze or anything.... mind u, those ball dont have seam, they have miniature dimples...... playing 70mph with the machine is equivalent to playing 80+ in real life, cos the ball is released suddenly, while in reality, ur reflexes are ready when u see the bowler in action....

anybody here played against a bowling machine? :hic: nowadays they have nets in bombay, where the machine bowls u 3 overs for 30 rupees(after bargaining :lmao: ). pretty good, machine bowls at 120 ... good fun.. but kinda weird.. playing cricket against a machine, where u dont know when the ball is just gonna blast out, and every1 looking at you, rickshaws honking, etc :hic:
I play for MIDDLESEX U15 here in UK and we face bowling machine every weekend