The best ODI team ever- by voting- Position one- first opener.

DomainK

The best ODI team ever- by voting- Position one- first opener.  

1. 1.

• Adam Gilchrist
    • Dean Jones
    • Desmond Haynes
    • Gordon Grenidge
    • H Gibbs
    • Mark Waugh
    • Mathew Hayden
    • Sachin Tendulkar
    • Saeed Anwar
    • Some other (please mention the name in your post)

There have been numerous arguments and debates on what would constitute the best test and ODI team of all time. I thought that it would be interesting if we see what kind of a team surfaces by voting. This will be a series of threads picking up players for each position purely on basis of votes given by ICFians. I am starting with the ODI team. This is for the first opener. Please read through the following and vote. 1. This team is not being picked for a particular purpose. It should be able to take on any opponent in any condition. 2. Remember that its not 'your dream team'. Its the best possible team. So, please make sure that you vote for the best players and not your favorite players. 3. Please keep the balance of the team in mind while selecting players. We will go through the positions one by one. So, when you are voting, you will know what players have already been selected for the previous positions. Do keep that balance in mind while voting. 4. Do present your views on why you have voted for a particular player. Debating will help us get to the best. Please feel free to go through some debate before voting so that you chose the right players and you might influence others into choosing the right ones. 5. I will include some players in the polling options. However, I might miss out on some good players. The polling is not limited only to those in the options. If you want to pick a player outside the list, just chose "some other" and mention the name of the player in your post. Note: Just realised that ICF does not allow more than 10 options on polling. Here are the remaining ones. Please mention the nae in your post if you want to vote for any one of them. More options for polling Saurav Ganguly Shahid Afridi Virender Sehwag Poll closed. Winner: Sachin Tendulkar.

I think you cant really differentiate between #1 and 2' date=' so there should be just one poll with 2 choices...[/quote']
eeeh ... I want SRT and Gilli to open ...but I cant vote for both can I ?
The poll for position 2 will include virtually the same players barring only the one selected in this poll for position1. You can vote for the second opener then.
I dont think there is any sense in carrying on this poll any further. Sachin is the obvious winner here. So' date=' Sachin Tendulkar is opener no1. I will now open another thread to decide the second opener.[/quote'] Heh. If you included Sachin in each of your next 10 threads, I probably will one of the few who'd vote for him in every one of them. But I think Sachin has very rarely played in #1 position. Either Sehwag or Ganguly, and recently Uthappa, has always taken strike in the first over.