Futile selfish records

Guest Hiten.
This one is simple. Individual centuries. They, or many batsmen's attitudes to them, have become an enormous blight on the game.
Can you kindly list the batsman who according to you believe in individual centuries ?
Guest Hiten.
As would any one else. A matter of 10 minutes hardly decides a test match.
If RD had informed SRT about his declaration timing, then SRT shouldn't have had any problem with that. But i still fear that there was lack of communication.
If RD had informed SRT about his declaration timing' date=' then SRT shouldn't have had any problem with that. But i still fear that there was lack of communication.[/quote']It's very unlikely that RD had the declaration in mind at an exact time. As I said, it'd have been done in at most 10 more minutes which would very rarely make or break a test match. Anyway I don't have much problem with the whole incident, other than how "fans" spin SRT's reaction when there was absolutely nothing with it.
Guest Hiten.

Tendulkar reached his 100 in 209 balls. He added another 94 runs in 139 balls. I don't know how much faster can you score in a test match ?

agree with you...SRT should've tried to speed towards his 200 rather than 'inching' towards it...and it was very evident...that declaration by RD drew attention like crazy....:haha:
About time you redefined the inching towards 200 when someone was scoring about run a ball for his last 50 runs. Very good attempt to divert the attention from someone else's wish to remain the most 200+ scorer for India.
Tendulkar reached his 100 in 209 balls. He added another 94 runs in 139 balls. I don't know how much faster can you score in a test match ?
Maybe you should look up some stats. Many lesser batsmen (at least on reputation) score much faster than a 67 strike rate (94 from 139 balls) when the team needs it.
Maybe you should look up some stats. Many lesser batsmen (at least on reputation) score much faster than a 67 strike rate (94 from 139 balls) when the team needs it.
Like Ponting who went from 100-200 at Adelaide in 2003 off 190 deliveries and did it again at Melbourne off 200+ deliveries or off 160+ deliveries against Pakistan or against WI of all teams in 190+ deliveries in all his double hundreds.:hysterical:
Let me guess, you didn't watch the match. edit: my apologies, I forgot that you do not watch most of the time anyway. What are radios for.
Guest Hiten.
India were cruising at a 4.17 run rate. There was no need of any sorts of acceleration required at that particular moment. Most of the Test greats carry a overall strike rate of 55-60.
Like Ponting who went from 100-200 at Adelaide in 2003 off 190 deliveries and did it again at Melbourne off 200+ deliveries or off 160+ deliveries against Pakistan or against WI of all teams in 190+ deliveries in all his double hundreds.:hysterical:
Relevance ? I mentioned 'lesser batsmen'.
India were cruising at a 4.17 run rate. There was no need of any sorts of acceleration required at that particular moment. Most of the Test greats carry a overall strike rate of 55-60.
Career strike rates have nothing to do with your statement/question: "Tendulkar reached his 100 in 209 balls. He added another 94 runs in 139 balls. I don't know how much faster can you score in a test match ?" You were referring to that particular innings. I replied in that context.
Guest Hiten.
Instance 1 : Ponting 242 vs India, Adelaide in 2003 100 off 117 deliveries. 200 in 289 deliveries. Consumed 172 balls to reach to his double ton. That is; strike rate of 58 Instance 2: Ponting 257 vs India, Melbourne in 2003 100 off 172 deliveries 200 in 368 deliveries Consumed 196 balls to reach to his double ton. That is; strike rate of 51 Now we can safely *assume* that test cricket is not all about Wham-Bam. But instead its about applying your senses.
Relevance ?
Your statement,
Many lesser batsmen (at least on reputation) score much faster than a 67 strike rate (94 from 139 balls) when the team needs it.
I showed you the record of a lesser batsman going from 100-200 who has in all his 4 forays scored slower and usually much slower than Tendulkar. As for when the team needs it part, the team always needs it.