Futile selfish records

Lets compile/discuss and debate on the no. of futile records which don't deserve respect. - first one that comes to mind is the one made by Sri lanka.. .. India goes on to declare @ 537 on Day 2. Srilanka just goes on to bat till the end of day 5... Game drawn.. lanka makes 952... add on folkz

Guest Hiten.

Brian Lara's 400. Brian Lara batted for almost 3 days to achieve this feat when WI were down and out in the series (3-0). This was their chance to avoid a brownwash. WI bowled out England in 1st innings in no time. Added advantage in this 400* innings for BCL was that he was the captain. There was no way in hell, he would have that leisure of going on to make 400* had he not been the captain. By saying all this, by no means I am undermining the record. It truly is an amazing feat to hold on to. And also, I might be wrong with this opinion of mine.

yuvraj singh i do not hate yuvraj singh but i think hes hell bent of being included in the tests and odis team even though hes limping everyday IMO hes blocking the younger players and the indian team management is pathetic oh btw Idont hate yuvi i just hate to see him struggle I would rather be very happy if he takes somewhat of a short break and recovers from his injury and then comes back with a bang believe me we need a healthy yuvi if we are to be numero uno in ODIS

actually blue brigade.. thats pretty debatable.. first time in the series windies looked like sccoring runs in that game.. they had alredy lost series by that test.. and weren't able to put any big score in the series.... but yaa.. at the end of day 2 they should have declared....

Guest Hiten.
I am going to curse myself for saying this. Though it was not a selfish record' date=' it was a reaction for missing out on a 200. Sachin's reaction after Dravid declared when he was on 194*.[/quote'] It was an absurd reaction by SRT. But it also means that there was a lack of communication between the captain and SRT. Had RD informed SRT about his declaration decision (in the middle of drinks break); SRT might have tried a score a little faster and get his FIRST double ton vs Pakistan in Pakistan. Scoring a double ton vs pak in pak is a big dream/feat for any of our Indian batsman ;) Anyways such is life :((
It was an absurd reaction by SRT. But it also means that there was a lack of communication between the captain and SRT. Had RD informed SRT about his declaration decision (in the middle of drinks break); SRT might have tried a score a little faster and get his FIRST double ton vs Pakistan in Pakistan. Scoring a double ton vs pak in pak is a big dream/feat for any of our Indian batsman ;) Anyways such is life :((
That was my reaction as well. However, I've learned that RD send several messages when sachin was in 170s and 180s to speed up but he couldn't and Rahul declared after Yuvraj got out. But what mattered most was Sehwag's 309 and india's win there. But unfortunately, it was marred by this controversy I think that was unnecessarily started by his reaction at it. I think their relationship got hit after that match.
BTW' date=' I don't think Lara's knock was selfish either. It was a dead rubber, dead pitch and WI were no where close to winning the test when stumps were drawn.[/quote'] well thats not the best of excuse to be frank.. it might not be selfish but saying that pitch was flat and game was dead rubber doesn't do justice.. u don't play games to make records.. u play the game to win the match.. at the end of the day, u should have seen the face of ppl in trinidad.. carrying their radio to stadium hearing "thats it, game ends in a draw as both sides shake hands"

well again i said.. it's debateable if it was selfish or not but saying things like "it was dead rubber and pitch was flat" aren't really any excuse.. u see eng were bowled out early in first innings too.. u just can't write off your own chance of winning the game after seeing the pitch... specially when u are batting first and second team is yet to bat..

Guest Hiten.
Cricketics' date=' if it was close in the end one could be justified in branding it a selfish knock but England were never in danger of losing the test once they started their second innings.[/quote'] England were bowled out in a period of a day in their first innings. Had they been given a task of batting for 2 days and more in the 2nd innings, they batsman would have definitely struggled to bat out IMHO. WI could have at least tried to win the test match.