The best ODI team ever- by voting- Position two- second opener.

DomainK

The best ODI team ever- by voting- Position two- second opener.  

1. 1.

• Adam Gilchrist
    • Dean Jones
    • Desmond Haynes
    • Gordon Grenidge
    • H Gibbs
    • Mark Waugh
    • Mathew Hayden
    • Saeed Anwar
    • Sourav Ganguly
    • Some other (state name in your post)

Team so far: Sachin Tendulkar Lets now chose a partner for Tendulkar. My vote goes for Adam Gilchrist as there is no better wicketkeeper-batsman we can ever find. He is also a perfect ODI opener. Since CFI does not allow more than 10 options in a poll, here are some more options for you: Shahid Afridi Virender Sehwag

I am utterly surprised that Anwar is getting votes over Grenidge, Haynes and Hayden. But then, its your choice. But I would like you guys to justify your votes. On what grounds you consider Anwar a better opener than Hayden? I will give you the benefit of doubt about Grenidge and Haynes as many haent seen them in action.

I voted for Meatball Hayden. Not only for the fact that he intimidates and demoralizes bowlers, if Hayden and Sachin decide to take cheeky singles, it would completely screw up the line and length of most bowlers. A short right hander on one end and a left handed mountain on the other.

I am utterly surprised that Anwar is getting votes over Grenidge' date=' Haynes and Hayden. But then, its your choice. But I would like you guys to justify your votes. On what grounds you consider Anwar a better opener than Hayden? I will give you the benefit of doubt about Grenidge and Haynes as many haent seen them in action.[/quote'] I have seen both Anwar and Hayden play, and believe me - Anwar was better. Just as destructive as Hayden but much more classy. Not that it matters, 'cos i voted for Ganguly

If Sachin gets bogged down by bad form or medium fast bowling of immaculate length, then we dont need another player who comes in with almost the same responsibilities (laying the foundation for a huge team total) as him like Anwar. Gilchrist and Hayden are both destructive. Gilchrist comes with the additional keeping package. Whereas, Hayden provides the team with a better success rate. He can even bully weaklings from the other team. I think my choice is Gilchrist.

My vote goes to Saurav Ganguly. There hasn't been a better opening pair than Tendulkar and Ganguly. Mark Waugh would be my next choice for his consistency in ODI cricket. Gilly was good but barely consistent in ODIs. Gilly did justice to his talent in test cricket but was not as great in ODIs as people presume.

SG and SRT have shown that they are best Openers in the ODI's by a long way.
Yes, if you compare individual opening pairs, then they are the best. They have been the most successful opening pair for India as well. But SG will never find a place in the "best 11 ever" in my book. He has too many weaknesses to be there.