Charge sheet to be filed against Dalmiya..

veer

Charge sheet to be filed against Dalmiya Cricinfo staff March 24, 2008 Dalmiya: "I have not received any copy of the alleged charge sheet" © AFP The Economic and Offences Wing (EOW) of the Mumbai police has found that former BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya misappropriated funds to the tune of Rs 2.9 crore during the 1996 World Cup that was jointly hosted by India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The chargesheet will be filed in a Mumbai sessions court on March 26. "Till now, we have ascertained that there was cheating of over Rs 2,90,00,000 and we will be filing a chargesheet against Dalmiya and two others on Wednesday," Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Rakesh Maria told reporters. After investigations, the EOW accused Dalmiya of diverting funds from a bank account in Kolkata that was originally set up for paying legal fees towards various other expenses. Dalmiya however dismissed the development as another ploy by the BCCI to unsettle him ahead of the upcoming Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) elections, which he is contesting. "It's an offshoot of the old game plan of my adversaries," Dalmiya said. "Whenever something happens in cricket politics, they resort to such actions to settle scores with me. But, again, I don't want to comment on speculative matters," he told reporters in Kolkata. "I have not received any copy of the alleged chargesheet . However I'll revert to [the] media if a charge sheet is filed and a copy of it is served to me". The annual CAB elections will be held in the last week of July and the Dalmiya camp is threatening to come back into the reckoning against Prasun Mukherjee, the current CAB president and BCCI point man. The Kolkata High Court had stayed the order and allowed the Dalmiya to contest the elections of both CAB and the BCCI following FIR filed by the BCCI for misappropriation of funds, forgery and cheating in March 2006. Dalmiya had responded by filing a case of perjury against the Board officials. © Cricinfo --- didnt know there was wing named that.. and its been more than 10 years.. why now?