bowling beamers - fao sriram

Lee has never intimidated a player. You dont need to intimidate a player when you are bowling 150 dude. Well i can say the same about shoaib as well. I havent seen him shouting at players, abusing them on the field. Dont tell me he is a gentleman as well. Sohaib does stare people down, mouth off people,etc. I am not trying to create an arguement, but its just that a lot of what is potrayed is what the commentators want us to hear. a simple case to point is this beamer. An aussie commentator and sunil gavasakar have 2 completely contradicting views on the incident, and i am sure the group of people who listen on their corresponding channels will view it differently as well. Yes, but this is the opinion of moat players too. isnt he the perpetrator half the time ? :tounge_smile: Ha, Ha .
All that i can give for lee is that he is not as involved in controversies as some of the other high profile aussie players. Ok here is some video [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=pWnc20rLJvY]YouTube - Zaheer Khan Reply to Harsh Brett Lee 7th ODI[/ame] and here is shoaib being the 1st to enquire :D [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=y09xlFu3V0M&feature=related]YouTube - Shoaib Akhtar - Lara Flattened[/ame] Mate, my point is that lee is no angel and that is all i want to say

Its bullshit. What evidence we have that the beamer was intentional? We are speculating and speculating negative.Lee must get the benefit of doubt based on his excellent sporting behavior all along. I fully agree with mareris_mania when he says that its extremely difficult to fire a beamer with that accuracy. A yorker takes years to perfect. A beamer is way more difficult.

Its bullshit. What evidence we have that the beamer was intentional? We are speculating and speculating negative.Lee must get the benefit of doubt based on his excellent sporting behavior all along. I fully agree with mareris_mania when he says that its extremely difficult to fire a beamer with that accuracy. A yorker takes years to perfect. A beamer is way more difficult.
i especially tend to disagree on the 2nd one. A yorker has to be a very accurate ball. Most attempted yorkers tend to end up being low fullt osses. Why cant an attempt a ta low full toss bbecome a beamer. Again its an opinion. Lee can get the benefit of the doubt, but there will always be voices questioning the intention of every action. Nothin wrong in that. wrt to evidence, i say lee has a notorious habit of bowling beamers to batsmen. Sach is not the 1st, and he will not be the last. So why should that not be taken into consideration while making the decision
with regard to the first half, its funny to see that there is a comparison between your bowling and lee's bowling. I am sure you will agree that he is miles ahead in talent and skill. If you were able to direct the ball wher you want to, u would be playing for india,not bowling in some indoor nets as you are dong now. With regards to the wasim akram statement, i would like to point you to the India vs Pak match in delhi where srinath was bowling wide balls and ridiculous bouncers to ensure that kumble got the 10th wicket and not him. So i dont think bowling wides deliberately is as difficult as you think. Nor is bowling beamers in my opinion
Huh ? Why have you interpreted my comparison totally out of context ? I never claimed " I cant bowl a beamer deliberately, so nither can Lee". All I said was " At a pace of around 122-125 kmph, I find it hard to even land the ball where I wanted to, I can only imagine that at Lee's pace, it will almost impossible to correctly aim a beamer". And what I said was just basic common sense. Just so that I make things much simpler, you can try this experiment yourself. Stand at a chosen spot, select a target on the floor about 14-15 yards from you and try to hit it with a ball. You may not be successful all the time, but you will be close most times. Now, stand at the same spot and chose a spot on the wall which is about 20 yards away from you and try to hit the spot on the wall, at about eye level. You will see that you will not only miss frequently, but you will miss by yards. Bear in mind, this is just standing and throwing. Imagine a fast bowler, running in at 20-25 kmph, trying to do what you are doing, its next to impossible. Its not hard to bowl a neck high full toss for sure, but its VERY hard to direct it to where you want to.
Again' date=' i think when a bowler is pushing himself to the extent lee was, i am sure off field friendship is something that is left behind. He is not going to bowl lollipops nor is sachin expecting that. If there is a very high degree of competition between players, it is possible that lee could have bowled the beamer deliberately. [/quote'] Lets cut to the chase, we have played hours and hours of cricket with each other, that too VERY competitive and I know how much you hate losing. Have you ever tried to knock my head off, when you were bowling ? Being ultra-competitive is one thing, but to want to physically harm someone is an entirely another matter.
history is against lee on the beamer incident. There have been many occasions' date=' including trescothick and abdul razzaq, where lee has bowled beamers. We presume that lee and sachin are the best of friends. They may be good chums, as are mcgrath and hayden. And we did see mcgrath pushing hayden in the cricket field[/quote'] Nonsense. You are innocent till you are proven guilty. You cant presume, based on subjective interpretations from the past, that Lee was deliberately trying to hit Lee.
Nope I always wear a lid! Seriously its a 6 all the way!
Ok, how many times have you seen a batsman hit a beamer for 6 ? When anyone sees a 5.5 ounce projectile hurtling towards them at 125 kmph, at face height, instinctively, they go " Watch-out!!" mode and not "Lemme-hit-it-outta-park" mode.
Remeber you are bowling 125 kmph beamers not 140kmph beamers.
Doesnt matter mate. 125 kmph is 34.72 m/s and 140 kmph is 38.88 m/s. Now, calculating the momentum ( mass*velocity) values for both those deliveries, the first ball will hit you with a force of 5.52 Nm while the second one will pound into you at 6.228 Nm. A difference of a mere .7 Nm. Both will hurt equally, trust me.
Doesnt matter mate. 125 kmph is 34.72 m/s and 140 kmph is 38.88 m/s. Now, calculating the momentum ( mass*velocity) values for both those deliveries, the first ball will hit you with a force of 5.52 Nm while the second one will pound into you with 6.228 Nm. A difference of a mere .7 Nm. Both will hurt equally, trust me.
Not when it hits the middle of my bat!:eyedance:
Not when it hits the middle of my bat!:eyedance:
Yea, in your dreams for sure. If you dont believe me, why dont you try this. Hire a bowling machine, set it the speed at 140 kmph and allow a ball to tonk you right on the centre of the head. Dont forget to record how much it hurt. Now, set the speed to 125 kmph and allow yourself to be tonked in the same sport, right on the forehead. Again record on a piece of paper about how much it hurt. After that, if you are still in one piece, come and tell all of us which hurt more or less. :eyedance:
Did you take into account the decelleration of the ball through the air?
No. Since in both cases the ball didnt pitch at all, I assumed the deceleration factor will be just about the same and can be canceled out. But you are right, the balls will certainly not knock the forehead of Dsr at 140 and 125 kmph.
Yea, in your dreams for sure. If you dont believe me, why dont you try this. Hire a bowling machine, set it the speed at 140 kmph and allow a ball to tonk you right on the centre of the head. Dont forget to record how much it hurt. Now, set the speed to 125 kmph and allow yourself to be tonked in the same sport, right on the forehead. Again record on a piece of paper about how much it hurt. After that, if you are still in one piece, come and tell all of us which hurt more or less. :eyedance:
Why the hell am I going to allow a cricket ball to tonk me in the head:hysterical: My point is that it wont ever hit my head as the ball will hit my bat instead!