Must see Nike Cricket Ad

veer

Re: Must see Nike Cricket Ad ^yep! frnd of mine just saw the ad.. he says its zaveri bazaar, and the temple is mumbadevi temple :shrug: and another frnd who saw it says the song is some goan konkani, which is apparently very hard to pick up, but it says something of game stopping starting etc :wtg:

Re: Must see Nike Cricket Ad Superb Ad, it's got the Nike seal of quality all over it. Usually, we get similar adverts by Nike featuring Brazilians and their team during the Football World Cup, those are quite amazing too. It's an indication of how far cricket is progressing due to India's presence in the game, and now we just need the results to match our status...

Re: Must see Nike Cricket Ad Ok here is the link for more information on this ad.. http://specials.rediff.com/wc2007/2007/feb/27sld1.htm Where it was shot: On a set in Karjat, near Mumbai. Very close to where the reality show Big Boss was shot. Some of the cricket balls during the shoot landed on the Big Boss site. Even the elephant in the Nike ad ventured onto the Big Boss sets. :lmao: :lmao: Song was konkani.. Lyrics (Translated from Konkani): 'Wait, partner, wait First let me play If you don't play, I'll keep chasing you all day Our game is like this only Where we have no time to think It is the game of cat and mouse That I have begun to love And in the falling running breaking My destiny is entwined'

Re: Must see Nike Cricket Ad

Several brands have advertising centred around the World Cup. However, the one that has generated the biggest buzz is Nike?s first commercial on cricket by which the people have been bowled over. The multi crore rupee campaign on air across 21 channels and in cinema halls, follows Nike signing on as official apparel sponsor of the Indian cricket team. And Nike has gone where it has before with this commercial. For Nike, which set up its own stores in India in 2005, this is the second Indian television commercial. It has Konkani lyrics by creative director Agnello Dias and music by Ram Sampat. ?Our tribute to the game, the passion that India has for the game of cricket. For us the most predictable thing to do is messaging around the WC. We decided to do something different, cause at the end of the day. It is not bout the 15 cricketers out there its about the entire nation, and we wanted to take the brand beyond just the WC,? says director- marketing, Nike India, Sanjay Gangopadhyay. The commercial also features Nike endorsers including Zaheer Khan and Shreesanth, but as onlookers. While that is in keeping with the script, it also gives the brand a chance to edit them out of the commercial if they don't deliver. And for filmmaker Abhineo Deo the ad was a fresh challenge. ?The problem was that the set had look real. It had to look like any street in Mumbai or Kolkata. People had to be seen not like any other ads. It had to be made sure that the action look real and not choreographed,? says Deo. Nike is ranked behind Reebok and Adidas in terms of market share in India with 25 per cent in the Rs 400 crore branded sportswear market. The ad will also play out in the UK during the World Cup, it?s another first for Nike India.
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/sports/03_2007/nike-ad-steals-the-wc-thunder-36203.html So Rajeev you were correct, it was all a set. Mast Maamu ban gaye hum log :roll::roll: By the way always liked Ram Sampat and his brand of "Khaakee"sque music. Could not get the "Waada Reha pyaar se pyaar ka" out of my head for a long time. Good stuff again. xxx