They masturbated at us: Delhi's Gargi College students say group of men broke in, groped and harassed girls

Stuge

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Read thru the initial responses and figure out who brought in Nirbhaya to the debate. The line of the questioning went like,

=> India is unsafe for women - A blanket statement. This is a generalization

=> If I say,"India is not exception, it is as safe as anyother country if not worse", I am accused of being insensitive and diluting women's place in India, how can I say it after Nirbhaya.

I have never refuted that girls were not assaulted. In fact, the report is that the event was open for boys of other DU colleges, while miscreants entered the college drunk and assaulted the girls. But, there is a precedent with a DU girls' college (LSR), where ther was a case of Holi incident involving balloons filled with semen. Look at the western press on that. The investigation lead to it being a fake story. But the western media never recalled back and India is still the place where girls are showered with balloons filled with semen during Holi.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bj5bwq/indian-women-are-protesting-semen-filled-balloons-during-holi

So, given that, we all have to take the claims with a grain of salt. I did go through the girl Nityanandini Rao's account. She is a JNU type DUSU leader - left leaning, BJP/RSS hating. I can't believe whatever she says. Today they are opposing a PIL filed on their behalf for a CBI investigation. Why should they oppose, when they have genuine grievances? 

Nirbhaya has become a brand now to be exploited fully.